Success after IF

Any BFP stories from IUI with Follistim & Menopur?

I'm going in for IUI #1 tomorrow, and I'm just really curious.  TIA!
Me: 27, DH: 28 TTC since 11/09
2/10 & 3/10 Clomid 50mg-BFN
5/10-Lap Surgery for Stage 2 Endo
3/11-IUI#1 with Follistim and Menopur-developed mild OHSS= BFN
6/11-IUI#2 with Follistim -developed moderate OHSS= BFN!
7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
9/11-ttc naturally with positive thoughts :)
10/6/11-POSITIVE pregnancy test!!! 15dpo BETA-220
6/14/2012- Riley Harper arrived!! We love our little girl
<a href="http://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee324/exploshidad/?action=view

Re: Any BFP stories from IUI with Follistim &amp; Menopur?

• Yep! Check out the two pretty ladies in my siggy.  :)  Although both happened on the third IUI. My kids are quirky like that.
    Nobody said life would be easy. Just that it would be worth it.

image image
    My cooking blog: Pickle Mom's Kitchen
  • They are beautiful!! 
    7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
  • 3rd IUI with clomid and follistim brought us our little lady! Best of luck to you! How many follies do you have? Is there a reason you went right to injects?
    My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
  • I got pg on my first IUI with DD. Second IUI two years later, BFN.

Third IUI, very next cycle, BFP with twins. Yikes! I'm still wrapping my brain around it so  I haven't added a new ticker but I'm almost 10wks. (follistim every time)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have DOR so my RE wanted to be aggressive.  I took Clomid twice last year and had really bad side effects from it.  I have about 5 mature follies and about 15-20 smaller ones.  I'm just excited about the IUI.  I really hope it works.
    7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
  • I just had my first IUI on 3-11-2011.  My DH and I have been trying for 4 years since we got married.  last year we tried Clomid under the direction of my OB.  I will never do that again it was terrible.  The side effects are horrible.  Went 3 rounds with that and I refused anymore.  My OB reffered me to my RE. Went threw bunch of tests and found out i have a scar in my cervic that is preventing anything from being able to get up there. So RE put me Straight on Follistim 100 iu for about 2 weeks, I started getting cysts but thank god they disolved on their own.  Then I had to take Follistim 150 iu and Ganirelix (pre-measured) together until I had 3 huge folicles and one small one.  On 3-10 I took my Ovidrel (also pre-measured) and the IUI procedure was 3-11.  Now the waiting game..aguhhh.  My only symptoms of anything so far are slight cramping, my breasts are sore, tired and slight nausea.  Have to wait until 3-25 for bld test.  Crossing my fingers.  Hope yours works.  Praying for you!
  • image LaurieLyn77:
    I just had my first IUI on 3-11-2011.  My DH and I have been trying for 4 years since we got married.  last year we tried Clomid under the direction of my OB.  I will never do that again it was terrible.  The side effects are horrible.  Went 3 rounds with that and I refused anymore.  My OB reffered me to my RE. Went threw bunch of tests and found out i have a scar in my cervic that is preventing anything from being able to get up there. So RE put me Straight on Follistim 100 iu for about 2 weeks, I started getting cysts but thank god they disolved on their own.  Then I had to take Follistim 150 iu and Ganirelix (pre-measured) together until I had 3 huge folicles and one small one.  On 3-10 I took my Ovidrel (also pre-measured) and the IUI procedure was 3-11.  Now the waiting game..aguhhh.  My only symptoms of anything so far are slight cramping, my breasts are sore, tired and slight nausea.  Have to wait until 3-25 for bld test.  Crossing my fingers.  Hope yours works.  Praying for you!

I really hope that this works for you.  I'm just a few days behind you so hopefully we both get good news.

7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards