Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

did any one have a vag delivery witha 9+ baby?

2»

Re: did any one have a vag delivery witha 9+ baby?

• I have never  heard that before. DD was 9lb 3oz and a vag delivery. It can be done and it is crazy if they say they can't. I only had a very minor tear with my DD but I pushed for 2 hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Personally, No. Hope that if I have another DC that it is not either due to the size head my DD had and has heck.

A friend of mine did with all 3 of hers. She is really tall as is the father.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered a 10 pound, 8 ounce boy, naturally.  OUCH! :o)  They predicted he would be about 8 pounds one week before (I had growth u/s every week the last 2 months, so you'd think they would have guessed better) but I kept saying, "no, he's huge. I can tell." 

I never heard of a "we don't deliver vaginally 10+ pounds" rule.  I'm tempted to say that is your doctor covering his/her ass so there aren't complications with a vag delivery and a big baby but you should never be forced into a c-section.  I'm sorry that happened to you. 

I know I definitely have things that I will do differently next time around.  More questions, things I will be more assertive on, etc. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • They were estimating BOTH my kids to be over 9 lbs and suggested c-sections.  I refused, even though I had to be induced due to GD with DS.  DD was 7 lb 4 oz, DS was 7 lb 8 oz.  Those estimates are notoriously off.  If you want a vaginal birth, I'd demand one. There's no reason, even if the baby IS that big that you can't try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"