Houston Babies

how long should it take for abx to work?

esp amoxicillian?

Eliza got her first dose Monday night and twice daily since then.  She was acting like she's feeling better, but today she's been acting like she's feeling sick again.  Just trying to decide if I should take her to the pedi tonight or wait for Sat hours.

Re: how long should it take for abx to work?

• From my understanding 36 hours for the antibiotic to begin working.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We typically see a good result by about the third or fourth dose (taken three times a day).

I'm so sorry she's feeling crummy again. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My FIL is a doctor and he was by the 5th dose. After 7 doses and Evan was still acting like his ears were bothering him we went back to the Pedi. That antibiotic just didn't work for him, so they gave him a new Rx.

Sorry she still doesn't feel well. I hope you can find an antibiotic that will work for her.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Ours took about 48 hours of full days worth of doses....we just got an augmentin rx for the weekend in case her ears get bad over the weekend...I hope she feels better, watch out for a diaper rash.  Amoxicillan gave DD a horrible rash the first 48 hours.  It did clear up after a night of Destin.
  • It really depends. How long did they tell you to give it to her for? It's usually 10 days and I recommend giving it to her for at least 7 days, if not all 10. 
  • nitalnital member

imagesouthernndolll:
    It really depends. How long did they tell you to give it to her for? It's usually 10 days and I recommend giving it to her for at least 7 days, if not all 10. 

ALWAYS give the entire dose, not giving the entire dose of antibiotics is a good way to breed antibiotic resistant bacteria. 

as far as how long it takes to feel better, it depends on the bacteria, but usually 24-48 hours.

Have you seen my monkey?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"