Breastfeeding

Weaning at a year?

Has anyone else already weaned their lo?  My dd Lyla will be one on May 1st, and I'm yes/no ready! :) haha... so I'd like to start thinking about how to start, what should I do?  She gets one ff/day.. sometimes more if Daddy is helping out... We are down to about 3/4 sessions per day due to solids and snacks.  Please help.  Any advice would be totally appreciated, as I'm clueless :)

Thanks!!

Re: Weaning at a year?

• I weaned my son at 14 months.  He was basically down to morning and bedtime nursing at that point.  I started him on cows milk in a sippy cup at 1 year. 

At first I limited each nursing session, he would pull off and not show much interest.  As soon as he came off the breast the first time I'd end the session.  Then I cut the morning feed altogether.  Surprisingly he didn't even seem to mind!  About a week later I cut the before bed nursing and he was fine with that too.  I was more sad about it then him.  Weaning ended up being way easier then I thought it would be!  Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks for your advice :)  Do you use bottles at all?  Lyla seems to rely on nursing for comfort also; did you find any problems with that?  She'll come up to me upset or tired and really need to nurse... a cuddle and a binky just wont do it...

and I love your u/s photos!! They're smiling!! :)  You must be a good mama <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"