Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Amazon Mom - Purchase Limit?!?!

I just tried to order two more boxes of diapers via S&S and I got the following message:

Sorry! We are unable to create a subscription at this time because the product is out of stock or you have exceeded the purchase limit.

They aren't out of stock so I am assuming I am the latter. Does anyone know what the purchase limit is? I can't find any info on FAQ. I ordered two boxes last Saturday, but I had extra coupons that expire 3/31 so I figured I would stockpile and order two more since I have two in diapers.

I can always create a new account with my second e-mail address, but I was shocked to get the message. Anyone know anything about this?

Jacob 3.23.08 * Grace 7.22.09 * Eli 7.26.11 * Annabelle 1.18.14

Re: Amazon Mom - Purchase Limit?!?!

• Options
    It's usually one coupon per account. 
  • Options

It has nothing to do with coupons. I can't even get as far as the screen where I would enter my codes to apply them to the order.

I select 2 boxes to be delivered every 6 months and when I try to click Subscribe and Save I get the error message. I also routinely use 3 coupons per order ($10 off and 2 different 20% off coupons that start with 2 different letters) so you can definitely use more than one coupon.

I just hope there isn't a certain number of boxes you can order before they shut you off permanently!

Jacob 3.23.08 * Grace 7.22.09 * Eli 7.26.11 * Annabelle 1.18.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options

you might need to cancel your current subsciption and then purchase them  like you are starting a new subscription on S&S.  it probably wont allow you since you already have a subscription for that item.

otherwise go into you manage subscriptions page and select ship this item now, but i dont know how the coupon works with that option.

Chef Paige Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    image2BWEDN2007:
     I also routinely use 3 coupons per order ($10 off and 2 different 20% off coupons that start with 2 different letters) so you can definitely use more than one coupon.

The other poster is right. They cut the multiple coupons off last night.  You won't be able to use any more $10 coupons on that account.  Amazon got wise to the error.  The coupons do say limit one per customer or such.

It wouldn't surprise me if they put purchase limits in place for the diapers too., knowing what was happening.  It was bound to happen given the blatant abuse of the coupons. 

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • Options
    imageAggieGrl:
    image2BWEDN2007:
     I also routinely use 3 coupons per order ($10 off and 2 different 20% off coupons that start with 2 different letters) so you can definitely use more than one coupon.

The other poster is right. They cut the multiple coupons off last night.  You won't be able to use any more $10 coupons on that account.  Amazon got wise to the error.  The coupons do say limit one per customer or such.

It wouldn't surprise me if they put purchase limits in place for the diapers too., knowing what was happening.  It was bound to happen given the blatant abuse of the coupons. 

I thought it was the 20% off coupons that had the "one per account" limit. Every $10 off coupon that I've seen simply has an expiration date -- nowhere on it does it say "one per account."

And how exactly are the coupons being abused? People stack coupons ALL the time at all kinds of stores. Look at the drug stores like CVS -- once you're "good" at couponing, you can get all kinds of items for free. You just have to know how to do it. Same goes for Amazon couponing, IMO. They made the coupons stackable, so I don't see how anyone is abusing it. They're counting on loyal Amazon Mom customers that get their diapers at great deals to shop elsewhere on their site....

OP -- that's really weird about the limit. I'm about to place an order, so I'll let you know if I have any issues.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMereou12:
    imageAggieGrl:
    image2BWEDN2007:

I thought it was the 20% off coupons that had the "one per account" limit. Every $10 off coupon that I've seen simply has an expiration date -- nowhere on it does it say "one per account."

And how exactly are the coupons being abused? People stack coupons ALL the time at all kinds of stores. Look at the drug stores like CVS -- once you're "good" at couponing, you can get all kinds of items for free. You just have to know how to do it. Same goes for Amazon couponing, IMO. They made the coupons stackable, so I don't see how anyone is abusing it. They're counting on loyal Amazon Mom customers that get their diapers at great deals to shop elsewhere on their site....

OP -- that's really weird about the limit. I'm about to place an order, so I'll let you know if I have any issues.

My $10 coupons that expire 3/31/11 all said limit one coupon per customer on them.  They came out of various magazines.

There are people who have gotten THOUSANDS of dollars of merchandise for free.   I know one person who bought $1800 worth of cloth diapers for less than $100.   

Stacking the coupons is not abuse, and is allowed. They are still allowing them to be stacked.  Using hundreds of coupons on the same account is abuse, and they killed that ability.  

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • Options

I am confused can you only use a 20 percent off coupon once now for the life of the account?  Similar to the old diapers.com deal for new customers. I have been using one coupon a month since before Christmas.  I also have increased my Amazon shopping by a lot simply because I love their Amazon mom program.   I can understand not allowing multiple accounts for one person, but I don?t understand why you can?t use a coupon a month.  They may lose money on diapers but they are gaining other places.  I personally have ordered all kinds of baby items?items I would have purchased in the store otherwise.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"