2nd Trimester
Options

why does my hip tingle???

When I sit and lean to my right side, for some reason my hip gets tingly on my left side.... anyone else experience this, and anyone know why it might be happening?  I would say that it's random, but it has happened the past 3 nights, and during the day when I'm sitting too!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: why does my hip tingle???

• Options
    Mine just ache and throb, mostly on the left side. So bad this morning I got up early because I couldn't stand to lay on my side any longer. Mine hurt when I am sitting, too. Doc says it's just your body stretching and preparing!
  • Options
    it's not hurting me at all... it literally feels like my hip is falling asleep... but like in the tingle sort of way... veeeeeery interesting
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The position that you sit in could be putting strain on nerves that run up and down that side of your body, tingly usually has something to do with nerves or blood flow. If it goes away soon after repositioning I would think that its something like that.

If it gets worse or happens in different positions I would talk to your doctor.

• Options
    imagegbtc01:

The position that you sit in could be putting strain on nerves that run up and down that side of your body, tingly usually has something to do with nerves or blood flow. If it goes away soon after repositioning I would think that its something like that.

If it gets worse or happens in different positions I would talk to your doctor.

This.  Your bodilly changes may be causing a blood vessel or nerve to be compressed/ impinged.  Changing positions should help.  Perhaps yoga/ stretching/ exersize too.

• Options

This happens to me too. It's not round ligament pain (I get that too) it's Sciatica.  When I change positions it usually gets a little better. It's pretty common in pregnancy. Both of my legs go numb and get tingley. It'll go away after the baby comes (at least it did with my son) I would bring it up to your OB at your next visit. In the meantime here is a website about it https://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/preg_sciatica.htm

Hope this helps! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If there's tingling involved, it's likely your sciatica. It's normal to experience pain/tingling due to baby putting pressure on this area but if it gets painful, I would definitely ask your doctor or a PT for ideas on how to combat it. There are very easy stretches that pregnant ladies can do that help ease the issue significantly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"