Babies: 0 - 3 Months

"Be the Match" cord blood donation ?

My dad is a physician (retired), now running the medical side of a large, fortune 500 company. Be the Match has asked his company to become a sponsor / partner. He's never heard of them so he asked me to find out more about it. I work at a Children's Hospital, so I'm going to call hemotology now and see if they have heard of it. We both think it's a great idea b/c there really is no cord blood donation center here in south Florida...they wouldn't let me donate DD's blood, and I privately banked DS's blood.

Just figured I'd ask here too! Thanks!

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: "Be the Match" cord blood donation ?

• I'm on the bone marrow registry list, which is what 'be the match' is now called.  I think the cord blood program is newer but is a great thing.  It could help so many people if more people were able to donate cord blood. I wish I had with my 2.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image madhatter2003:
    I'm on the bone marrow registry list, which is what 'be the match' is now called.  I think the cord blood program is newer but is a great thing.  It could help so many people if more people were able to donate cord blood. I wish I had with my 2.

Exactly! Be the match is the National Bone Marrow Registry. I did a drive with them two years ago and wanted to donate my umbilical cord to them, but they could not accept it because of my health history.  Also, only a few hospitals in the country can do that. Mine wasn't one of them.

image image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Please consider is the possibility of cordblood banking for your baby. If you're interested, consider using discount code MTBVD - good for $250 discount on cord blood banking when you enroll online or by phone 1-888-932-6568. Visit www.cordblood.com to learn more or to enroll.

• image yamille1:

Please consider is the possibility of cordblood banking for your baby. If you're interested, consider using discount code MTBVD - good for $250 discount on cord blood banking when you enroll online or by phone 1-888-932-6568. Visit www.cordblood.com to learn more or to enroll.

Wow, you totally missed the point. I've already banked my baby's blood...that's totally not what I was referring to.

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards