2nd Trimester

Who here is terrified of delivery?

2»

Re: Who here is terrified of delivery?

• Best advice I got from a friend who'd been there thrice was to walk into the hospital backwards and have your husband paint a target on your back for where to insert the Epidural Wink

On  a serious note though- I was scared Sh**less the first time around and by the time it was all set and done...15 hrs of Labor 1 hr of pushing and my beautiful little munchkin was in my arms I realized that it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be...I went into labor at 4pm and around 11pm (and 2 cm dilated which I'd been for 6 weeks before delivery) I asked for the Epidural...after that I took a nap and they let the baby labor down...so all I had to do was push when the time came at 8 am...

On an honest note- the biggest fear we ( I know it's not just me) all have is pooping in front of our loved one while pushing out the baby...turns out I had a good nurse as my husband clarified for me after delivery that the nurse applied pressure to my rectum (EmbarrassedTMI? Sorry) the whole time I was pushing... Whew!  Embarrassment averted...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageothello888:
    ME! I would be less scared if I didn't have to have a c-section. No time for meds the first time and I felt it. I really hope I don't feel anything with a planned one!

Ouch! You're a hero in my book for A) Having another baby B) Not trying a VBAC!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't fear the pain, as much as I fear being left in a room for 3 hours with no family, no DH, and no baby like my SIL was after her c-section. Her gown was dirty, she couldn't walk, and they didn't give her a phone.

This is my biggest fear. As long as this doesn't happen, and MIL doesn't try to steal my baby, I'll be fine. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's so easy to get yourself stressed about the upcoming labor and delivery. I was a little stressed with my 1st baby, but the birthing process went so smoothly and was nothing like my mind made it out to be. I had an unplanned c-scetion with my son and that was worse than the vaginal delivery; mainly because I had pneumonia at the time. Still, it wasn't the worst thing ever.

I am supposed to have a planned c-section with this one, but am hoping we avoid that. They think this baby will be quick. I would rather go 100% natural than a c-section any day of the week. You'll be so excited to be in labor and knowing that you'll be meeting him/her soon - plus, if you're getting an epidural, it's smooth sailing after that & you can actually enjoy your labor. Good luck!

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"