Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Does anyone have A1298c MTHFR homozygous mutation?

I just found out that I have the homozygous A1298c MTHFR mutation.  I have had 2 pregnancy losses.  The first was a possible, but never confirmed, ectopic.  Second was a 4 1/2 week natural miscarriage or chemical pregnancy.  (sac never seen)  I also a few family members with Factor IV leiden or some varient, so my OB wanted me to get tested for that and other disorders since I had back to back losses.  I am negative for Factor IV, thankfully.  But, I do have the MTHFR mutation.  My OB suggests I see a Genetic Counselor about this.  Does anyone else here have this mutation?  Are you on any meds?  Did you see a Genetic counselor?  I have been searching google (bad me!) and not found any good answers.  Thanks for your time!

Re: Does anyone have A1298c MTHFR homozygous mutation?

• Options
    I have MTHFR from one of my parents.  I also have Factor II.  I still don't understand much about it.  I only learned that I had this when my sister found out about it when she was ttc.  At that point, I had already had my first son.  With my second DS I had to give myself injections of blood-thinners.
  • Options
    I think there are some women on TTCAL that have this.  You may want to post this question there.

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

**badge warning**

Scout05 on PGAL is homo A1298C and has a lot of good info about it and her course of treatment. You can page her there or on TTCAL6+.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"