Multiples

Keeping track of things?

I worked at a daycare in college where we were required to document nearly everything the babies did and I'm kind of - okay, I'm REALLY Type A! Just curious if you used any kind of a system to keep track of feedings, diaper changes, naps, etc... during the first few weeks home with your babies. I was thinking that it might be helpful to have some kind of log to keep track of everything - especially since we will have grandparents and some other friends helping out during our first few weeks home.  But maybe I'm just going crazy and trying to over-organize everything!

Thoughts? 

Re: Keeping track of things?

• No, I don't think its crazy! We kept a log for probably the first month. It is good to see how much is going in verses how much is going out. We occasionally bust the log out when we have a babysitter. With two babies it is easy to forget who eat what and when. The hospital actually gave us a log that we just brought home and continued.

Autumn

www.twinsietown.com

www.twinsietown.com
  • The hospital made us keep track and I hated it. I tried to keep track for a few days after we got home but gave up b/c it was such a PITA. I have other children though. It might have been easier if I had just had the babies.
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We keep a log mostly because DH and I do shifts.  We use the log to see what happened when we weren't on duty.  We've also showed it to the doctor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We only did a log of who ate from which breast, for which DH set something up on google.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I uaed to log everything but now I only log the times they each ate. I am good at remembering the poop times and I change their diapers everytime they eat.
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We used a notebook, but that never really seemed to meet my Type A needs.  Right around the time that we stopped tracking, I ran across Trixie Tracker.  I wish I would have known about it back in the day!!
    bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I think I will put together some kind of simple log for each one and if we end up not using it at least I didn't waste a bunch of time on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"