February 2011 Moms
Options

How dilated/effaced were you before labor?

I know you all were just there getting internals, which are now driving us March girls crazy.  I know everyone says all the numbers mean nothing.   I am just looking for some numbers to give me an idea of what I am looking at.  I am 38.4 weeks and am 1cm dilated, 50-60% effaced, 0 station and cervix is soft.  I just dont want to be induced!
Feb 2010 - IVF #1 BFP, miscarriage with D&C April 2010 - IVF #2 BFN June 2010 - IVF #3 BFP, Baby girl born March 2011 Oct 2011 - Natural BFP, D&C Dec Jan 2012 - back to RE

Re: How dilated/effaced were you before labor?

• Options
    kdodge is right. I went in for a routine appt at 37 weeks, and I was 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced. Two days later, I went into labor and LO was born the day after that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I was 1 cm and 20% at 36 weeks. At 38 I was 2 and 80%. I progressed to 4 cm and 100% at 39 weeks 1 day and DD was born at 39 weeks 3 days.
    Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went in at 39 weeks and was 1 cm - I went into labor the evening of 39 weeks 6 days and delivered on 40 weeks 1 day.
  • Options
    I was 39wks and barely 1cm when I went into labor. 36 hrs of contractions, 3 visits to L&D,  a few doses of pitocin,  a lovely visit from Mr. Epidural and 5 pushes later MJ was born.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was 1 cm for weeks, including the day before I went into labor (at 38w5 or 6d).
  • Options
    I was not dilated until my 39/40 wk appt, which was four days before my due date. At this appointment which was a Tuesday I was 1.5cm and 50% effaced. Strangely enough, the night after I started having irregular contractions. On Thursday I went to the hospital to be checked out and I was 3cm and 90% effaced. I was admitted, and after they broke my water, my labor went pretty quickly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was only 1cm and 50% and I went 2 days early.  My first 2 I wasn't dilated at all and I was induced at 42 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had an internal on a Monday when I was 39 wks - I was only 1 cm / 50%. I went into early labor two days later and had the baby early Fri. morning that week. Dilation/effacement isn't necessarily a "prediction" of when you'll go into labor, but when I called the dr. when I started having contractions the first thing she asked was "how dilated were you at your last appt?"

GL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    With both my pregnancies I was 1 cm dilated for 3-4 weeks before and did not change until labor actually started (DD contractions started naturally, with DS water broke and contractions right after that).  It is a good sign that your cervix has already started to open, but can't really predict what will  happen
  • Options
    I was 1cm and basically not effaced at all at my 38 week appt. My water broke when I was 39 weeks and 1 day, and when I got to the hospital I was only 2cm but 80% effaced.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I actually was induced.  I had a very easy induction.  When i went in I was 3 cm and 100% effaced.  I got potocin and my doctor broke my water  at 5:30pm and had my baby girl at 11:01pm at 39 1/2 weeks.  She was ready for a while but just needed some help getting there! I had a very fast and easy delivery thank god. =)
  • Options
    At 39 weeks I was only a fingertip dilated, and about 50% effaced. Two days before my due date I went into labor on my own. I was not one of those who walked around dilated for weeks. I went into labor quickly.
  • Options
    I was a 1.5cm and 50% effaced at 37 weeks, and ended up being induced just 4 days shy of my due date and it hadn't changed.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options

I had my first internal at 39w/6d and was about 2.5cm dilated 50% effaced, a complete surprise since LO was very high and I figured I'd made no progress. I started having contractions on my way home from the appointment at noon; these got stronger within 2 hours. I was in active labor that evening, at the hospital by 10pm, and delivered her just after midnight.

This was a huge relief since I was scheduled for an induction due to GD on my due date. LO beat that by less than 6 hours & I was very surprised by how quickly everything progressed for a first baby.

Married since 09.06.08
    2012 Book Challenge: 20 of 50
    Sophia Leigh has arrived! 02.09.11
  • Options
    At 39w/5d I was 2-3cm and 40% effaced and my dr said I had made great progress from the week prior when I was barely a fingertip. I was scheduled for an induction for the following week but my water broke that same night and I had LO the following day.
  • Options

I was at 3cm+ and 80% effaced for over 3 weeks.

I was due to get my water broken at 38 weeks a few days to get things moving, but my water broke on its own the day before.

There's just no telling. but it's good there is some progress!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"