Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

re: 3 Day Potty Training Method

First of all, I apologize for just jumping in and asking a question w/o taking the time to read through posts and get to know you lovely gals but I was assured a few months ago that you ladies were the ones to go to w/ questions about this :)

Quick question regarding nighttime training...

The first night DS woke up a little wet but STTN from 9-6am (which is unheard of in this house). The second night he woke up at midnight crying for me and I didn't get to him in time. He had only gone a small bit in bed and got up and went on the carpet before I could get him to the bathroom (totally my fault). So tonight he voided once before bed but couldn't do it again so we put him to sleep and I just went to take him again (1 hour after he went down) to see if he had to go and he basically slept through the whole thing and than went straight back to sleep once I put him in bed (w/o going again).

Question... do I need to do anything in 2 hours? Or should I just wait and see if either

a. he wakes up in the middle of the night again or

b. see if he wakes up wet in the morning or

c. if he doesn't wake up in the middle of the night wake him at 5am (1 hour before waking up) to see if he has to go and risk him not getting the sleep he needs?

Sooo confused! I'm also a bit confused as to how to handle the 4th (and subsequent) day(s). I'm assuming I put pants on him and continue to tell him every 20 minutes to tell me if he has to go. But I don't know for sure... Maybe I should have bought the program through the website.

Married 6-30-07, BFP 9-1-07, M/C & D&C 10-5-07, BFP #2 6-20-08, BFP #3 3-28-2010 Mommy to Ethan born 2-22-09 7lbs 13.5oz & 21" long SAL Buddy to March04b2b imageFamily Blog|Food Blog

Re: re: 3 Day Potty Training Method

• Options
    We did the 3 day method with DD...here is our night time routine.1. Take her potty before she goes to bed2. Take her potty when we go to bed (she pretty much sleeps through it)3. I get up at 2am to take her potty (she sleeps through it). The 2am was trial and error to find the perfectTime to wake her up before she wet the bed and not too late so that she would still get enough sleep.For the longest time she slep through the night without wetting the bed and then in the Fall she justStarted wetting the bed...we ruled out UTI...so now we just dea with it.For the subsequent days...just keep doing what you're doing, keep reminding him to tell you when he has to go.You can put pants on him tob see how he does and when you're comfortable try a short trip out, but always keep asking.Good luck!!Ps...sorry for any weird formatting, I'm posting from my phone.
  • Options
    I would ask 24 + month board... there are probably more women on that board that have experience with potty training
    image   image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagedaisies0406:
    We did the 3 day method with DD...here is our night time routine.1. Take her potty before she goes to bed2. Take her potty when we go to bed (she pretty much sleeps through it)3. I get up at 2am to take her potty (she sleeps through it). The 2am was trial and error to find the perfectTime to wake her up before she wet the bed and not too late so that she would still get enough sleep.For the longest time she slep through the night without wetting the bed and then in the Fall she justStarted wetting the bed...we ruled out UTI...so now we just dea with it.For the subsequent days...just keep doing what you're doing, keep reminding him to tell you when he has to go.You can put pants on him tob see how he does and when you're comfortable try a short trip out, but always keep asking.Good luck!!Ps...sorry for any weird formatting, I'm posting from my phone.

Thanks!

Married 6-30-07, BFP 9-1-07, M/C & D&C 10-5-07, BFP #2 6-20-08, BFP #3 3-28-2010 Mommy to Ethan born 2-22-09 7lbs 13.5oz & 21" long SAL Buddy to March04b2b imageFamily Blog|Food Blog
  • Options
    I did this program with my older son. I had him go before bed. I woke him one hour after as th program says. It was a disaster. Then I woke him an hour early in e morning. The next night we didn't wake during the. Night. After day three I stopped waking an hour early in the morning. Good luck stay strong and stay positive! This is difficult going through it. But man, once you are done wow. You will look back and be so glad you went through it. Getting it all done at once is amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"