VBAC

stripping membranes?

repost from 0-3

Hi guys, not that my baby is out yet but ... was wondering if anyone had their membranes stripped and if this actually puts people into labor? Am trying for a VBAC but they won't induce so it's coming down to the wire, had membranes stripped today. Thanks!!! 

Re: stripping membranes?

• It didn't work for me, although I did end up going into labor on my own.  Some other things you can try at home - acupressure points (there are some good youtube videos & websites), sex, walking, etc.  I really liked a hypnobabies track 'Come Out Baby' because it got me relaxed and more hopeful about actually going into labor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had mine stripped on a Tuesday and went into labor on Saturday.  Don't know if they were related or not.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it worked for me! I had my membranes stripped at 40w1d and went into labor the following night.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • ::I'm lurking::

I had my membranes stripped 5 times and it never worked for me.  It will only speed things up if you're nearly there already.  GL to you!

::Leaving::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I guess I'm lurking too...

I had my membranes stripped 3 times - at 38, 39, and 40 weeks. Did not do any good for me. My LO was stuck. They had to use the vacuum extractor even with the c-section, at 41 weeks exactly. I had actually started labor by then.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"