2nd Trimester
Options

How Do I Know if I'm Showing or Just Getting Fat/Bloated?

Okay...people (everyone except my mom who says she can tell I have a small baby bump) keep telling me I'm not showing and that I need to gain weight. I'm 16 weeks pregnant and I went from 105 Ibs. to like 123 Ibs.--so I don't know if I'm really not showing and I've just gotten a fat belly. It doesn't really look fat, though...just like extremely bloated and never goes down no matter what or how much I eat. And I don't think anything else except my thighs/hips have gotten bigger and the only reason I know those have is b/c my Abercrombie jeans don't fit comfortably anymore (they were super tight and not the stretchy kind already). So....will I just all of a sudden notice a definite bump one day or is is kind of gradual? Could I be showing already? And why have I gained so much weight, but don't look chubby really (is it only cuz I was so small to begin with...I was 5'5, 105Ibs.)? Thanks for your input...this has really been confusing me?

Re: How Do I Know if I'm Showing or Just Getting Fat/Bloated?

• Options

If you were thin to begin with, you'll likely show earlier. At sixteen weeks, you have a real bump IMO. 5 weeks is a very different story than 16 weeks!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    you could be showing already, I was showing pretty early. Is your belly hard? That is a good way to tell. I wouldn't expect everyone to notice right away though. I'm almost 25 weeks and my friend told me I just look bloated the other day (gee thanks) and yesterday I was told how tiny I am three times! Either way don't stress it, if you aren't yet you definetly will be soon, and you aren't getting fat, you are pregnant : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's hard to tell. If you're belly isn't ridiculously squishy, I'd say showing....regaurdless, you're pregnant so any "pudge" you have just embrace it as a bump!

I'm still barely showing and it's at least 30% bloat.

• Options
    Yes, I would say by 16 weeks the bloat is gone and it's a bump now. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options
    I also felt like you... almost 15 weeks and barely showing but once I hit week 16 it was like WOW all of a sudden there it was and it keeps getting bigger seems like everyday. I'm not huge but i'm starting to get those comments at work like "oh look at your belly" things like that. I'm also smaller 5'4 and 110pounds (pre-preg) so any belly on me is now noticeable... give it a few weeks and you might pop all of a sudden!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    it's probably bump. i thought maybe i was just bloated until my doc said "that's not fat, that's baby." if feels hard too.
  • Options
    I am 106 and 13 weeks and I started showing a couple of weeks ago. My picture from last week to this week is a big difference and it's not bloat anymore.  Mine was gradual and I've actually lost weight, not gained. I was 115 when I got pregnant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"