Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Pet Peeve: "so stinkin cute"

I HATE that term! Why does everyone say "ohhh, he's so stinkin cute". What's stinkin? A nice alernative to F***ing? I don't get it!
Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Pet Peeve: "so stinkin cute"

• Options
    I hate it when my FIL is holding LO and he manipulates LO's hands to wave or give thumbs up, or "peace out man." It annoys me so much!! He is not a doll, he is my child.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageg8orell:
    I HATE that term! Why does everyone say "ohhh, he's so stinkin cute". What's stinkin? A nice alernative to F***ing? I don't get it!

I never thought about this, but you have me dying here!  I can just imagine people walking around, leaning over a baby and saying, "Oh, he's so f**ing cute!"  I guess that kind of is what they are saying!  Too.funny.  I never like it when people call kids "little stinkers", so I guess that's similar to your issue too. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you stalking my FB? I just posted a stinkin cute pic of Ellie in a robe.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageHyfagal:
    Are you stalking my FB?

Haha...is everyone writing that on your pics? That's what started this rant. someone just wrote it on one of mine.

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageg8orell:

imageHyfagal:
    Are you stalking my FB?

Haha...is everyone writing that on your pics? That's what started this rant. someone just wrote it on one of mine.

Bahaha no, I just used the phrase and then came on here and saw your post.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

At least they thought your kid was cute.  Be happy you got a compliment. 

I too think my kid is so stinkin' cute.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't like that one either.  I see it ALL THE TIME on facebook when people comment on someone's picture of their baby.  I think you are right- it's like a nice way of saying f**ing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's funny that you don't like the phrase. Cute must just not cut it and people need an extra adjective. 
  • Options

imageMissSunny42:
    I hate it when my FIL is holding LO and he manipulates LO's hands to wave or give thumbs up, or "peace out man." It annoys me so much!! He is not a doll, he is my child.

My mom talks to me through DD "tell your mommy you need a bib. tell mommy you need to eat now. tell mommy to find your pacifier." I'm right freaken here!!

But stinkin' and stinker have never bothered me. I call DS a stinker when he's being playfully mischievous, as opposed to actually misbehaving.

• Options
    imageMama_SAS:

imageMissSunny42:

My mom talks to me through DD "tell your mommy you need a bib. tell mommy you need to eat now. tell mommy to find your pacifier." I'm right freaken here!!

But stinkin' and stinker have never bothered me. I call DS a stinker when he's being playfully mischievous, as opposed to actually misbehaving.

Hahahah, that literally made me LOL! I don't mind stinker...I'll call DS and DD that, but for whatever reason the "so stinkin..." thing really annoys me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"