3rd Trimester

I'm HORRIBLY Depressed!

I don't remember going through this with my 1st pg.  I'm already on antidepressants that have worked well in the past and I've even increased the dosage and it doesn't seem to be helping.  I'm also on bed rest and in horrible pain from non-stop contractions.  Probably triggering the depression but, feels worse than it should.  Is anyone else going through 3rd trimester  funk?  How are you dealing with it?  I've called in help this weekend to try and get baby stuff out and get some things ready for her to come home.  I think it may help to start acting like we have a baby coming.  But, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I've battled depression my whole life and have kept it under control really well for the past 5 years or so.  I'm kinda wondering if it's normal to have prepartum depression. 

Re: I'm HORRIBLY Depressed!

• No advice, just wanted to say keep your head up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks.  I'm trying.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think this is normal - but I also think you should talk to your Doctor. With all the horomones and a history of depression or anxiety - maybe they can adjust your medication - it could purely be chemical. Hang in there - you are normal - but definitely talk to a doctor!!
  • imagemegan_pattie:
    I think this is normal - but I also think you should talk to your Doctor. With all the horomones and a history of depression or anxiety - maybe they can adjust your medication - it could purely be chemical. Hang in there - you are normal - but definitely talk to a doctor!!

This.  Def. discuss this with your doc ASAP, especially with your history of depression.  Never be afraid to seek medical help for any reason.  Do you see a therapist/psychologist regularly?  If so, I would def. talk with him/her about it too.  If not, find someone close to you who will just sit and listen without passing any judgment.  And don't try to force yourself to be chipper...that could end up having the reverse effect of making you more depressed.  I hope things get better for you.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
  • I agree that you need to talk to your Dr. ASAP.  Maybe you need to increase your meds further.

I started this pregnancy out at 100mg of zoloft (that was my dosage before I knew I was pregnant) and have gradually increased to 250mg.  I'm trying really hard to stay on top of what I'm feeling and be proactive about it.  I had PPD/PPA/PPOCD with DS and do NOT want to go through that again.

I'm guessing that if you're on bed rest you probably aren't able to go see your therapist, but have you tried having a phone or skype session?  It might make you feel better.

::hugs::

imageimage

• I hope you feel better. Talk to your doctor, you might have a different tolerance to your medicine due to the pregnancy hormones and need to change.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I def agree about talking to your Dr. but I also will pray for you and encourage you to pray. There is hope in the Lord and lots of good news in the bible that is uplifting. He is always there for you and loves you! I know it's cliche but it's true.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It can be really tough to manage depression when you can't do anything!  Before I got pregnant I would go for a walk/workout or work on a project when I was depressed- anything to get myself moving.  Now that is much harder.  It has helped me a lot to work on the baby's room b/c that is exciting and fun.  Try and set up some things you can do that you can look forward to.  Also, definitely talk to your dr.  And remember, it's not forever that you will be on bed rest.  You'll pull through it!  Good luck! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"