Infertility

what PGD lab are you using?

Just wondering what PGD lab all you girls' RE's have used or are using? Ours uses Genesis Genetics. So far I feel completely confident and really have loved their professional attitude and compassion. We are starting lupron 3/11 and start stims 2/23. 

Background- we are using IVF with PGD because my husband and I are both carriers of cystic fibrosis (delta f508). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: what PGD lab are you using?

• I have not done PGD, but I believe my clinic uses Reprogenetics.
    +++
  • I'm participating in a PGD study... as far as I know it's done at my RE's lab. Good luck!
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Loading the player...
  • My RE uses Reprogenetics in NJ. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
  • We used Gene Security Network in Redwood City, CA. 

No complaints from me.  I did a phone consult with a genetic counselor, they had lots of info available for me on their website and I got copies of all the reports!

Good luck to you!! Hope this cycle brings you a BFP!

Renee*

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

• My RE uses Reprogenetics as well.
    Missed miscarriage discovered 4/30/08 at 19 weeks. Unknown cause.
    DD born 5/09
    TTC #2 Since April 2010
    June 2010 -c/p
    Dx - AMA + surprising MFI
    9/10 thru 11/10, 3 IUIs with Clomid - all BFNs
    Jan 2011, IVF#1 - 14R, 12F w/ ICSI, 5dt of 1 perfect embie. BFP!
    PGS on 6 remaining embies. 3 are chromosomally normal and are on ice.
    Developed bad OHSS 7dp5dt
    Beta #1 2/5=291, Beta #2 2/7=656, Beta #3 2/9 941 :/ Beta #4 2/14 3952

"In the midst of winter, I found in me an invincible summer." ~ Albert Camus BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagenaybird:

We used Gene Security Network in Redwood City, CA. 

My clinic uses GSN too.  They are very nice.

N.B. I haven't done PGD, but they did my m/c/fetal chromosomal testing.  GL!

TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

• My clinic uses Reprogenetics.  I did PGD with my last cycle and they were very easy to work with. 

After 1 IUI, 3 IVF's with CGH/CCS testing, 10 early miscarriages, and lots of tears and frustration, we are moving on to Domestic Infant Adoption!  We are so excited to see what the future holds.

• I have talked with both Reprogenetics and Genesis Genetics.  Both of the clinics I am considering have said that they have worked with both, and it is ultimately up to us which one we would like to use.  That said, both clinics primarily use Reprogenetics as they have a "better working relationship" with them, which I think is code for they have a better financial agreement with them, but I don't know for sure.  We're also doing ivf with pgd for an inherited disease (but not cf).
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Hi!  My husband and I are also both carriers of CF (dF508)....we used Genesis Genetics and I would highly recommend them!  Dr. Hughes and his team are great.

Good luck with your cycle!!  If you have any questions, feel free to message me.  

• Hi...I'm not doing PGD myself but I am the author of the book "The Match: 'Savior Siblings' and One Family's Battle to Heal Their Daughter." The family in my book used PGD to create a donor match for their daughter who needed a bone marrow transplant. The family used Genesis Genetics and worked closely with Dr. Marcus Hughes, as did I in researching and writing the book. I can tell you that Dr. Hughes is an amazing scientist. If you want to read more about him and Genesis Genetics, there are several chapters in the book devoted to his PGD lab and I know he pioneered work with cystic fibrosis.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"