3rd Trimester

Antibiotics at 39 weeks..

I am 39 weeks and just got put on a z-pac for a nasty chest cold.  The problem? I always get a yeast infection (sorry gross) when on antibiotics.

They gave me a preventative script for some cream, but did/does anyone have this issue? Has your dr. given you any advice?

This is my third baby, so I know how bad labor can be, and I am freaked to have to deal with labor and a YI at the same time!

(also posted on 0-3)

Re: Antibiotics at 39 weeks..

• Get a pro-biotic yogurt and have some every time you take your antibiotics. Between that and the cream you should be able to hold it off.
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageluvdv8:
    Get a pro-biotic yogurt and have some every time you take your antibiotics. Between that and the cream you should be able to hold it off.

This exactly

• Loading the player...
  • Skip the yogurt (full of sugar which feeds yeast) and take a regular probiotic.  The best will be one that has to be refrigerated.  Cut back on your sugar intake (even fruit, juice, etc.) and make sure you are wearing cotton underwear.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was on amoxcillin last week for a sinus infection.  Doctor gave me a handout out regarding probiotics, and his number one suggestion was yogurt, such as Activia.  I have not had a history of yeast infections in the past, so I must admit, I never read the handout and everything was ok.  But, at 39 weeks, I am sure I would be eating as much probiotics as possible to prevent it for delivery.  Good luck and feel better soon :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"