Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

pinkeye question

My 18-mo-old woke up this morning with green crusties in his eye--he could barely open it. I took a warm washcloth & wiped everything out. Then his eyes were tearing about a half hour later. Sounds like pinkeye, right?

So do I wait til tomorrow to see if he wakes up crusty again, then make an appt? Or do I just take him today to get started on antibiotic drops sooner? 

His DCP's son has had the same thing since Saturday but isn't being treated at all for it.

Re: pinkeye question

• Are you still nursing by chance? One or two drops of Breast Milk in that eye will clear it Right up!
  • take him today b/c it will only get worse if it's pink eye.  Emmie Woke up on sat morning with 1 crusty eye & by 4 that afternoon both eyes were so swollen, gunky & crusty.  I took her that evening & low & behold she has pink eye. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemistywhite400:
    take him today b/c it will only get worse if it's pink eye.  Emmie Woke up on sat morning with 1 crusty eye & by 4 that afternoon both eyes were so swollen, gunky & crusty.  I took her that evening & low & behold she has pink eye. 

ditto this. DD1 had it 2 weeks ago and it progressed FAST. She woke up with a little and by the afternoon we had to go in to the pedi. Pedi put her on the eye drops and said they were needed to get rid of the infection. He also said it was EXTREMELY contagious so he gave us a refill on DD's prescription and told me to fill it if DD2 got pink eye, or me or DH. Thankfully we didn't need to.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • My doctor won't bring the pink eye kids into the office because it's so contagious.  If you explain the symptoms to the nurse and they think it's pink eye they call in drops.  If the drops don't work, they refer you to a eye doctor.  

I got pink eye from the kids a week after I got new contacts that bothered my eyes.  I just went straight to the eye doctor because of the issue the week before.  I think for me and DS1 (who has lots of eye issues) we'll be skipping calling the regular doctor all together.

Bianca image.
  • Yes, I am. Wow, this is the second time I heard about this use for breastmilk. It's amazing. Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"