LGBT Parenting
Options

Weekend Updates

How was your weekend? What did you do? Are you off today?  Have plans?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Weekend Updates

• Options
    Friday - We had a friend in town and I got off of work late, so I stopped by Pollo Campero for dinner. YUM.

Saturday - I took the kids to run a few errands and then to their ice skating lesson while L worked on her dissertation. Our friend came back over and hung out with me until L stopped working. Because of brush fires in our town (part of I95 was closed down) traffic in the area was a nightmare. Thankfully, we were able to go back roads to drop the kids off at Parents Night Out while we went to dinner. Had the best key lime pie ever.

Sunday - We lazed around and then finally went to the gym. We all took a nap and then another friend came over for dinner. We hung out and let the kids stay up late.

We are both off today. I was going to take the kids ice skating today for a practice session but neither were interested. We need to do errands that we didn't get done this weekend. And I am wondering if we are going to have a delay tomorrow morning because of snow/sleet. I am sooooo ready for spring.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Friday - hmmm, i don't remember. must have just been a normal night.

Saturday - morning playdate at a bounce house with our same sex moms group, home for nap, then Sprout and DW went to a birthday party at My Gym while I took the girls to visit my mom.

Sunday - SIL's baby shower, then we got the kids in bed early and caught up on DVRed shows (aka - fell asleep on the couch Wink)

Today is a normal day for us with work and school, though the weekend went so fast, I wish we had an extra day.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Friday we didn't do much, hung out at home and got some rest.

Saturday we went to eat at Bubba Gump's with J's sisters, it was fun!  We stopped at Baby Depot on the way home to pick out a new carseat for LO.  I have to call to see if we can return the infant seat and stroller that we got back in October (never opened) to get credit for the new carseat.

Sunday I took care of some chores and then ripped up the carpet in the living room and hallway.  I worked for over 10 hours and still haven't finished.  We finally went to bed around 10.

Today I am scrubbing the adhesive off the floor to try to make the floor presentable when we meet with LO's CSW and our AM this week.  I have to take the truck to get some filler in the windshield this afternoon, a rock took a dime sized chunk out on the freeway on Saturday.  A and I are probably going to play the Kinect (J bought it for me this weekend!) later if my body hasn't given out from the pain it's in.

• Options
    we went to my ILs' for the weekend--my MIL's birthday was yesterday--so it was pretty relaxing. I'm off today but my wife isn't, although she's on first shift this week which is nice. I took the boy (and my camera, of course) to the conservatory this afternoon after visiting my sister at work and having lunch with her, and now I'm waiting for my wife to get home because I've got an appointment at the RE's at 3:45.
  • Options

Friday we were home as usual.  Stayed up too late watching tv. 

Sat tutored in the am then my parents came over in the afternoon. They had been away for the past 2 weeks so needed a little Ella fix.  They brought dinner which was nice.

Sunday we went up to see the other side of the family for a birthday event (dw, bil, nephew and fil all have birthdays within 2 weeks so we had pizza and cake.

Today S and E are home with me (I am on february vacation) and we are having a nice day today.  We went to the nicu for a visit.  Our primary nurse was out for a while with a broken finger and is finally back at work so we went to say hi.  It was nice to see everyone.  The nurses all love to see the babies come back.  It was so quiet at the hospital which is so strange.  It was a nice visit.  It kind of messed up Ella's naps but oh well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Friday - Kerri started her February vacation and so we went out to a pub she loves to celebrate.  It stunk like cigarettes and old beer.  I really wasn't feeling great abut tried to rally.. I think she was on to me.

Saturday we bailed on the basketball game and stayed home all day.  Out cat, Henry, went into pulmonary distress last week.  It was awful :(  I got him right after my dad died.  I had just moved back from hawai'i, had no friends in the area and was living by myself in Sommerville.  It was just me and Henry.  He is the best animal I have ever met.  I love him to the moon. Everything was fine (I thought.. ) but one day last week he started having a hard time breathing and had to be put on O2 and we were told he wouldn't make it through the night and once he started panting, we should bring him back and put him down.  He made it through the night but around 9am the next morning, things got really bad.  I was home alone - it was terrifying.  I rushed around getting the car heated, crying, calling the vet, when suddenly he took a deep breath.  The med's kicked in and cleared his lungs.  It was one of the best moments of my life.  

He has been on the mend since - he had lost 2 pounds, but has since gained at least a pound back.  His blood tests revealed he has congestive heart failure.  We have a echocardiogram next Friday to see if it is life threatening, but he is back to his wonderful, purring self for the time being so, for the time being, I couldn't be happier.

All that to say.. we stayed home to take care of him on Saturday. :) As a bonus, it was the first time in a week and a half it didn't feel like I was going to puke everything I ate.  I went grocery shopping and made cajun crab chowder and corn muffins and we watched DVR'd shows with Henry snoring between us. 

Sunday - The nausea came back, full force but we were able to do a little shopping and I made a really gross dinner.  yum! 

Today we are both off.  I haven't moved all day.. my whole body aches.. my hips, my bbs, my head (oh my headache..) my stomach, my knees... my knees?!  If I don't eat something every 20 min or so, I feel like I am going to vomit, but nothing sounds good. K is amazing - she is so attentive and wonderful,  I have fallen even deeper in love with her, I didn't think it was even possible.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"