Attachment Parenting

can you get pregnant before getting af?

I am breastfeeding and plan to continue as long as my lo would like, but has anyone gotten pregnant before their period returned while nursing?

Re: can you get pregnant before getting af?

• Yep...My LMP was 4/2007.  We were trying (monitoring other fertility signs), but it is definitely possible.

• Not me, but it happens all the time :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCD+AL:
    Yep...My LMP was 4/2007.  We were trying (monitoring other fertility signs), but it is definitely possible.
    thanks for the reply, what other fertility signs if you don't mind me asking.  I am having the cervical mucous that I had during ovulation now, so could I currently be ovulating? 
  • You definitely can!  You ovulate first then have your period...so technically you could be ovulating now.

• imageluvmybaby28:
    imageCD+AL:
    Yep...My LMP was 4/2007.  We were trying (monitoring other fertility signs), but it is definitely possible.
    thanks for the reply, what other fertility signs if you don't mind me asking.  I am having the cervical mucous that I had during ovulation now, so could I currently be ovulating? 

CM was the main one for me, and b/c we were trying, I was taking 2-3 OPKs daily just to try to catch my O.  The EWCM correlated with the +OPK pretty well too.  In the end, I took B6 to lengthen my LP.  Not sure if that's what did the trick or not but that was my BFP cycle.

• My sister found out she was pregnant with #2 when she was 5 months along. She was still nursing her 1st baby and didn't think anything of not having a period. It wasn't until her belly grew big and hard that she thought to take a test. She said she didn't notice any other symptoms. Yes, you can get pregnant. I took the mini-pill for a year while nursing my son and it didn't change my supply at all.
  • Yes.

My BFF has a 6mth old, and is 5 mths pregnant.

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"