Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Need advice for custody battle!

I am wanting to start a custody battle but feel way in over my head. I need some advice so if anyone out there has gone through it or is a lawyer send me a PM please. I would rather not post all the details publicly. Please and thank you!

BrittAny Nicole
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need advice for custody battle!

• Options
    Holy Moly!! Kickface! I'd say "how the he11 have you been?" but it sounds like not so good. I'm sorry, Mama.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options
    You might want to post this on the single parents board.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageStrawberryAlarmClock:
    Holy Moly!! Kickface! I'd say "how the he11 have you been?" but it sounds like not so good. I'm sorry, Mama.

Oh I am actually doing great. I am living with my new boyfriend who I have been with for 7 months. He is my soul mate. He is great and wonderful to me and treats my son like his own. I am just wanting to eliminate the father now due to the fact he like to party and sleep with underage girls and his family has strong connections to those in blue so I feel I have a tough battle. Other than that though since the last time I have been on my life has inproved 100%.

BrittAny Nicole
  • Options
    imageKickFace6:

imageStrawberryAlarmClock:

Oh I am actually doing great. I am living with my new boyfriend who I have been with for 7 months. He is my soul mate. He is great and wonderful to me and treats my son like his own. I am just wanting to eliminate the father now due to the fact he like to party and sleep with underage girls and his family has strong connections to those in blue so I feel I have a tough battle. Other than that though since the last time I have been on my life has inproved 100%.

Gah. I went through so many faces reading that: happy for you, shocked/disgusted, confident for your custody battle, worried about your custody battle and back to happy for you! Sheesh! Well I'm sure you'll get some great advice and it's good to see your (kick)face back on TB ;)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options

I tried to send you a PM, but for some reason it won't let me send. I'll C&P it here, but PM me if you have any questions. I can't give legal advice, but I can give you some guidance if you need anything!

Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time with your kid's dad. I am an attorney, but unfortunately, I probably can't give you a lot of advice. The laws are really going to vary according to your state, and the rulings according to your judge. Unless you are in South Carolina, there is not a lot I can tel you.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but the absolute best thing you can do is see an attorney. And see one now! Do not do anything by oral agreement, it always goes to ***, especially if the man really is as much of a scum bag as you say! 

Many attorneys will give you a free initial consultation. Call a bunch and make appointments before deciding on who you want to go with. They will probably present you with a retainer fee plus an hourly fee. The hourly fee will come into play once the retainer is used up. Make sure you ask them for a time estimate as well, so you can accurately judge how much it will cost. The most important thing I always say is to find someone you really trust. It stinks to be stuck with someone you dislike because in custody disputes you have to put a lot of faith in this person. 

The connections to the police won't affect your custody dispute. It is entirely up to the Judge, and they are not as connected to the police as you would think. Good luck with everything! My sister went through a similar situation right after having her baby. He is 2.5 now, and everything is running very smoothly. I wish you the best, and let me know if you have any questions. 

• Options
    imagekate930:

I tried to send you a PM, but for some reason it won't let me send. I'll C&P it here, but PM me if you have any questions. I can't give legal advice, but I can give you some guidance if you need anything!

Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time with your kid's dad. I am an attorney, but unfortunately, I probably can't give you a lot of advice. The laws are really going to vary according to your state, and the rulings according to your judge. Unless you are in South Carolina, there is not a lot I can tel you.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but the absolute best thing you can do is see an attorney. And see one now! Do not do anything by oral agreement, it always goes to ***, especially if the man really is as much of a scum bag as you say! 

Many attorneys will give you a free initial consultation. Call a bunch and make appointments before deciding on who you want to go with. They will probably present you with a retainer fee plus an hourly fee. The hourly fee will come into play once the retainer is used up. Make sure you ask them for a time estimate as well, so you can accurately judge how much it will cost. The most important thing I always say is to find someone you really trust. It stinks to be stuck with someone you dislike because in custody disputes you have to put a lot of faith in this person. 

The connections to the police won't affect your custody dispute. It is entirely up to the Judge, and they are not as connected to the police as you would think. Good luck with everything! My sister went through a similar situation right after having her baby. He is 2.5 now, and everything is running very smoothly. I wish you the best, and let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you. I was going to be starting the process of setting up appointments and what not Monday. Its good to know what to ask though when I go in so thank you.

BrittAny Nicole
  • Options
    Good to see you again, I actually was wondering what happened to you. Sorry you are dealing with this, I know how much it sucks to have to deal with a jacka$$. Hope everything goes the way you want. Keep us updated.
    Effing crazy people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"