Michigan Babies
Options

Angelcare Monitor vs. Regular Baby Monitor

Hey there!

I'm on the fence on getting the Angelcare monitor and was hoping for suggestions.  I like the fact that it alerts you to the movements of baby (or lack of), but does the beeping drive you nuts?  Am I being way too over protective to get that type of monitor?  It's double the cost of the one I was orginially looking at.  I plan on following all of the recommendations for safe sleeping (no blankets, bumpers, on the back, etc). 

Thanks!

Re: Angelcare Monitor vs. Regular Baby Monitor

• Options

I'm overly paranoid when it comes to Sids, I have the angelcare.  And I love it.  With DS1 it took a couple of nights of getting the monitor to the correct settings so we didn't get false alarms, but haven't had any false alarms with ds2.  Its just such a ease of mind.  Before we had it set up, I would be getting up a couple of times a night to check if he's breathing. (in addition to the times I'm getting up to feed DS)

Totally worth the $$ in my opinion.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Overall I found it to be more of a hassle than anything.  We apparently could never get it calibrated to the right sensitivity, so we got many several false alarms. Eventually we unhooked the sensor pad and now just use it for the sound.  Our baby is a mover, so I don't know if she was constantly getting herself too far from the sensor pad or what (even though they say that's impossible). 

I didn't register for it, but got it as a gift and decided to try it out rather than returning.  In retrospect I wish I would have returned and gotten either a video monitor, or just a regular sound monitor and other baby stuff with the $ left over.

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagechach916:

I'm overly paranoid when it comes to Sids, I have the angelcare.  And I love it.  With DS1 it took a couple of nights of getting the monitor to the correct settings so we didn't get false alarms, but haven't had any false alarms with ds2.  Its just such a ease of mind.  Before we had it set up, I would be getting up a couple of times a night to check if he's breathing. (in addition to the times I'm getting up to feed DS)

Totally worth the $$ in my opinion.

This.  However, at 10 months we stopped using the sensor, DS likes to sleep against the short sides of the crib and the sensor cannot pick up his movements. 

Succes after IF - DXN PCOS 2008 Surpise BFP 7/2009 Baby B was born 2/2010 Baby A is on her way; surprise! Due 2/2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thank you!  Since my son was born 6 weeks early (and is still in the RNICU), I have gotten used to the beeps of monitors and will be going with the Angelcare.  (He's doing great, by the way- just working on the feedings!)

• Options
    Mine is only set-up, we haven't used it yet since the baby isn't born yet. But we have tested it. You don't have to have the beeping (tic) on all the time. You just have to adjust the settings on the monitor. The instructions are complicated and a little frustrating, but worth it.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"