December 2010 Moms

You know you're a mom when...

For me its when I sit immobile on the couch for an hour and a half just so she'll take a nap. My feet are freezing and I'm hungry, but I'm not moving for at least another 45 minutes--if she keeps sleeping. What about you?
Honor3 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: You know you're a mom when...

• Sam is currently sleeping in my arms so I feel ya!

For me it is when he spits up on me and I wait until A LOT later to change my shirt just b/c I know I'm going to get spit up on again anyway.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have another one.

You know you're a mom when you can take 15 minutes of free time to do a gazillion things around the house.  I feel like I'm in fast-forward motion when Sam is willing to sit by himself for a few minutes.  I can get the dishwasher emptied and loaded again, a load of laundry in, a load of laundry folded, the kitchen floor swept and the bed made in a very short period of time!  Big Smile

• Loading the player...
  • You know you're a Mom when you can drop dead asleep at a moments notice if given the chance. Seriously - I can fall asleep almost anywhere within 2-3 minutes.

Also, you know you're a Mom if you can fold a basket of clothes with one hand. That's some skillz right there.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• imagejands01:

I have another one.

You know you're a mom when you can take 15 minutes of free time to do a gazillion things around the house.  I feel like I'm in fast-forward motion when Sam is willing to sit by himself for a few minutes.  I can get the dishwasher emptied and loaded again, a load of laundry in, a load of laundry folded, the kitchen floor swept and the bed made in a very short period of time!  Big Smile

This! Not only did I clean the entire house yesterday in less than half an hour, but I also organized my make shift office area in the kitchen. I also WANT to keep the house clean, before I would be fine with the mess.

Also you know you're a mom when you get excited by poop and you inspect the diaper and tell your husband what kind it was.  

• imageOhSewCrafty:

You know you're a Mom when you can drop dead asleep at a moments notice if given the chance. Seriously - I can fall asleep almost anywhere within 2-3 minutes.

Also, you know you're a Mom if you can fold a basket of clothes with one hand. That's some skillz right there.

Those are some mad skillz! I'm impressed! I wait for DH to get home to fold/put away laundry. I have insomnia these days. I think it might be latent stress about returning to work March 1. Can't fall asleep and can't stay asleep. :(
  • I kow I'm a mom because my life revolves around the boob. The boob and the baby. And when I say "the boob," I'm referring to my milk making factories, not DH.

Everything is funny when you're sleep deprived. Which sounds delightful. However, after having a baby laughing, sneezing and coughing can be dangerous.

• I was going to say the poop thing too. It's still a major topic of conversation when we talk about DS1 and he'll be 3 in a few months! I'll add having wipes all over the house and in the car. My friends without kids always comment on that one.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Taking a shower depends upon

(When the baby was last fed OR  How long the baby night nap) AND (when the cloth diapers need to be washed OR when the dishwasher needs to be run)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're sick and feel like crap, but so does your 2 year old. So you let him sleep with you, which means you will get zero sleep!! I was punched and kicked all night... But him saying mama, mama and nuzzling up in my neck made it worth it! I feel like ass today!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • you can't stand straight without rocking from side to side.

you eat standing up.

and all your shirts have a stained spit up mark on the same side shoulder.

• imageLiLnikkiMe:

you can't stand straight without rocking from side to side.

you eat standing up.

YES!! good one

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• imageTamzin418:

Taking a shower depends upon

(When the baby was last fed OR  How long the baby night nap) AND (when the cloth diapers need to be washed OR when the dishwasher needs to be run)

Amen to the washing machine! I can set the dishwasher to start overnight but I'm always worried if I choose to shower rather than wash, that I'll forget to start the wash when I get out.
  • imagemaryellen21:
    imageLiLnikkiMe:

you eat standing up.

YES!! good one

so funny! seriously. I find myself doing it all the time! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• You instinctively sway back and forth when you're in public when you hear ANY baby cry, regardless of if your own is even with you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You know you're a mom when your kid has a blowout and poop gets all over your pants but he thinks it's so funny to poop that you lugh right along with him.

also when his formula dribbles out of his mouth and you use your finger to wipe it up and then wipe it on your pants and think nothing of it.

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• This is an awesome post idea. I just had as my facebook status last night...

"You know you're a mom when you dinner is cold and your wine is warm but you are just happy to eat in silence"

• imagebonnyejean:
    imagemaryellen21:
    imageLiLnikkiMe:

you eat standing up.

YES!! good one

so funny! seriously. I find myself doing it all the time! 

HA! Me too!! I never thought about the reasoning behind it until know.

• imagecanthardlywait426:
    You know you're a mom when your kid has a blowout and poop gets all over your pants but he thinks it's so funny to poop that you lugh right along with him.

also when his formula dribbles out of his mouth and you use your finger to wipe it up and then wipe it on your pants and think nothing of it.

Haha all of this =) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageTamzin418:

Taking a shower depends upon

Oh! I'm nerdy like that, too! Love the logic statement! 

• When you bring your plate of food to the bathroom (at home) because both the urge to pee and eat were too powerful to ignore and you don't have time to complete them individually.
  • imageLovesMM:
    When you bring your plate of food to the bathroom (at home) because both the urge to pee and eat were too powerful to ignore and you don't have time to complete them individually.

Or feeding the little one, taking a whizz, and texting your significant other the list of groceries you need him to grab before he comes home from work, I've had to pull that one a few times.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"