Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Tightening mechanisms on Britax vs Evenflo

I'm posting this here in hopes you have more firsthand experience.

I need a convertible car seat soon.  I'm contemplating Britax or Evenflo.  From testing the store models, I hate both of the tightening mechanisms.  The Britax you have to stick your fingers in and pull up while the Evenflo you have to turn the knobs.  Both of them seem like they'd be tough, especially in a rear facing seat.  I'm used to the Chicco easy push button.

If you have either - what is your opinion on it (not a big deal, does it suck, etc)?  Any advice is appreciated.

image. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Tightening mechanisms on Britax vs Evenflo

• We have a Britax and I don't have any problems with tightening.
  • I have the Evenflo Triumph. In my car (Accord), the backs of the seats sort of curve around and it's a little tough to get your hand in there to tighten and loose the harness because it pushes up so close to the seat. After a few days of having the carseat though, I was pretty much an expert at it. In DH's car (Pilot) it's not an issue.

• Loading the player...
  • I have the Evenflo Triumph and the knob to tighten the straps is super easy to use.  I have it installed in my Ford Focus and have no problems using it.  I would definitely recommend the seat, everything about it has been easy to use for us.
  • Not sure what evenflo you are looking at.  We have a symphny 65, and I LOVE it! No knobs on it though. The latches have a ratching system, so they tighten on their own when you put weight on the seat. Tp tighten the harness, you just pull the end of the strap between the legs like on DS's infant seat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the Evenflo Symphony 65 and this model doesn't tighten like that.  You just pull the strap between the LO's legs and it tightens it up.  It's a great carseat and I'd highly recommend it.
  • imageshanesfiance:
    I have the Evenflo Triumph and the knob to tighten the straps is super easy to use.  I have it installed in my Ford Focus and have no problems using it.  I would definitely recommend the seat, everything about it has been easy to use for us.

Us too.  I LOVE this car seat.  I have a Honda Pilot.  The knobs are great.

I wasn't going to spend the money on a Britax.  The Evenflo seats had great safety ratings.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I also have the Evenflo Triumph and a Pilot!

The knob is easy to use in the rear facing - sometimes I have a harder time loosening the straps but overall pretty eay to use and a much better price than the Britax!

• Thank you ladies for your responses.  That eases my mind.  If anyone else has other opinions - I'm open to hearing them too.
    image. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"