3rd Trimester

32 weeks pregnant, measuring at 29 cm... is this something to worry about?

Hi ladies, I just had an appointment this morning and my doctor told me that I am measuring at 29cm and I am 32 weeks pregnant.  Have any of you measured small in previous pregnancies, or known anyone who has?  I have an u/s tomorrow, but I would like to try to get some peace of mind before then.   

TIA  

Re: 32 weeks pregnant, measuring at 29 cm... is this something to worry about?

• I measured small with my last pregnancy, it was due to low fluid. It was nothing to worry about though. It could be that you just have a small uterus. I would not worry about it. 
  • She did say "Hey worrry" but of course she scheduled an u/s for tomorrow, which automatically worried me.  And she told me "Your Tiny" and I don't think any pregnant woman wants to hear that from their doctor.  But thanks for the advice! 

• Loading the player...
  • imagebuffyanne02:
    Not to sound snatchy, but did your doctor say, "Hey - be worried about this!"?? If not, you probably don't need to be worried.

this.

• From what I've read, fundal measurements are normal within a +/- 3 cm range from your week.    So from 29-35 cm is considered "normal" for 32 weeks along.   You are just on the SMALL side of normal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • One of my coworkers is petite, very healthy and works out a lot. She had a small baby with her first and had a small baby with her second a couple of weeks ago. She had 2 or 3 appointments like you had where the doctor said "uh oh he's measuring small" and scheduled an u/s the next day.  Everything was totally fine with her and her baby, she just has small kids. And, he did weigh like 6 lbs when he was born, so nothing too small!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have been measuring a few weeks behind since 30 weeks and had two u/s to check it out.  Both times she's been in the 70% range for babies at her gestational age, I just happen to have a long torso and it's the way that I'm carrying her I guess.

I had to wait a week before they could get me in for an u/s and I was freaking out thinking fluid was low or she had stopped growing or something.  Per the u/s tech that I saw it's not uncommon at all for our belly's to measure a few weeks +/-.

GL, I wouldn't stress!

• I measured a bit small with DD#1, but it sounds like your U/S will show if your fluids are low.  I wouldn't worry too much, it's just an estimate anyways.
  • Don't worry about it. I measured small with both my pregnancies. A lot has to do with the positioning of the baby at the time. For example...at my 32w appt, I was measuring 26w. Came in for an u/s the next day(she was fine), and when they measured my belly(only 1 day after measuring 26w), it was meausring 30w. I just tend to carry small, and maybe you do too. At my 36w appt yesterday I was measuring 34w.
  • I was in this exact position 2 weeks ago, so I know how hard it is not to worry.  Hell, I'm still worried because I haven't heard any results from my ultrasound yet.  I'm not much help at this point, just wanted to let you know that I know how you feel.
  • Most of the time I don't think it's anything to worry about.  I was measuring 2 weeks behind around 32 weeks, and I started measuring 4 weeks behind last week.  I had a non-stress test and everything is fine.  Some people just carry smaller.
  • I am also 32 wks and today I measured at 30.5, last week I measured 28, and the week before I was measuring a week ahead.  My baby is on the small side but my doctor is not worried so neither am I.  As long as you and your baby are growing dont worry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My doctor told me that + or - 3 weeks is still considered within the normal range, so I would definitely not worry.  I've been measuring a week behind for a couple of months now, and my doctor always reassures me that this is still the normal range. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest
  • THANK YOU ALL so  much, I actually feel better after reading your comments, I really do appreciate the responses!!!!  

• I'm at exactly the same point (32 weeks, measuring 29, with some serious tape maneuvering) but my doctor's not concerned so I'm trying not to be. I'm really short so I thought I'd show a bit more but he just seems to hide out in there. I have pretty wide hips so I'm hoping he just spreads out to the sides more and doesn't really go outwards.
  • I have measured big and small throughout this pregnancy. My ob has told me numerous times that fundal height is really not an accurate measurment. If they get really concerned down the line, you will most likely be offered a growth scan.

I am 40 weeks now and am measuring a little big still. But around 38 wks it started to just about even out. My growth scan showed she is right in the middle as far as % and that is what they really use to make sure everything is okay.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I measured behind last time (and I'm now behind again this time); kiddo was 8lb6oz.  It's most likely just how baby is sitting and/or your build.

I wouldn't worry ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"