Breastfeeding
Options

EPers: Wanting to pump only 2x a day. Advice & Question

I currently pump 3x a day at 9 am, 4 pm, and 10 pm. I'd like to drop the 4 pm session. I've been pumping 30-32 oz/day and my LO seems like he is eating less and less ever since we've upped his solid intake. So he is eating about 24-26 oz/day.

My questions are:
How much do you think my supply will drop if I drop my afternoon session?
How would you recommend I drop the afternoon session? Do I pump around 7 or 8 pm for a few days, or do you think I should just drop that session completely in one day?

TIA! :)

Re: EPers: Wanting to pump only 2x a day. Advice & Question

• Options
    I made about that much milk when I was pumping three times a day. When I cut down to twice a day, I made about 22-26oz. I think something similar will happen to you if you cut out the afternoon pump. I think it is fine to just cut out the afternoon session (which is what I did), though you will be a little engorged and uncomfortable for 2-3 days I think.
  • Options

imageJessesgirl43:
    I made about that much milk when I was pumping three times a day. When I cut down to twice a day, I made about 22-26oz. I think something similar will happen to you if you cut out the afternoon pump. I think it is fine to just cut out the afternoon session (which is what I did), though you will be a little engorged and uncomfortable for 2-3 days I think.

Great! Good to hear! :) I see that our LOs are only a few weeks apart. How much BM is your LO eating now? And when did you drop the afternoon session?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I dropped down to twice a day, three times was just getting to difficult.  I really just pushed the afternoon pump back and the nighttime pump forward. So I pump at 7/8am and then again at 7/8 pm. I am still thinking my supply will drop but it hasn't. I still get 30 oz which is what I was getting before.  I did get a couple of clogged ducts the first couple days but they worked themselves out.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"