Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Chicco lullaby lx vs. Graco pack n play

Hi,

I think this has been asked before, but I can't find it.  I'm toying with the Chicco Lullaby and a Graco pack n play that is being discontinued.  I like the Chicco because the changer is secured on both sides (but it looks annoying to take on and off), not just one and that it has the play thing on top (don't have to register for one of those then).  What I like about the Graco is that the one we are considering has a zipper on the bottom, so you can use the part under the bassinett for storage (we are in an apartment - which it would help).  I also like that the changer flips down.

Any suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chicco lullaby lx vs. Graco pack n play

• Options
    My parents have the chicco and my cousin has the graco. I think the chicco is just sturdier constructed. The graco feels more cheap to me. However the graco is smaller and lighter so maybe a better option if space is an issue
  • Options

imageEvelynHawaii:
    My parents have the chicco and my cousin has the graco. I think the chicco is just sturdier constructed. The graco feels more cheap to me. However the graco is smaller and lighter so maybe a better option if space is an issue

I definitely agree that the Graco is smaller and lighter. We actually have both. I registered for a Chicco and my SIL ended up giving us her Graco when she got rid of all her baby stuff. The Chicco is the one I used at home when the baby was little and sleeping in the bassinet feature in our bedroom. The Graco is the one we keep in the car for when we're out and about and need a place for baby to sleep. The Graco is definitely easier to set up/take down and much easier to cart around. I hate setting up and breaking down my Chicco, but it is by far the higher quality PnP and does feel sturdier.

Jacob 3.23.08 * Grace 7.22.09 * Eli 7.26.11 * Annabelle 1.18.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think sturdiness depends on which Graco PNP you get.  We have the Graco Silhouette and I think it feels very sturdy.  The raised changer is nice because it's easier on your back and it tips up like you said so you don't have to take it off.  We never had problems with it tipping either, even when DS was almost 18 lbs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options
    chicco
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have the Chicco and it feels very sturdy.  We took the changer off finally because he is too long and store it underneath.  It is easy to take on/off but you wouldn't want to do it each time (several buckles).  We love the vibration feature and it saved us several times.  We used the music early on but he hates the light.  We never have used the toys but might some day.  Overall, we really like it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"