Babies: 0 - 3 Months

anyone else have post partum anxiety?

i had very mild anxiety before i had olive but twice now when i have been at restaurants i have had really high anxiety with the feeling of agitation and confusion...i'm hoping it's just my hormones getting back into place...has anyone else had this happen?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone else have post partum anxiety?

• I had anxiety for about the first week after LO's birth, mainly around the nighttime though, I havent been out much in public yet with LO, so I dont know how I will feel once I start taking him places.

Ive heard that the more you do it, you get used to it, and the anxiety subsides

gl!

Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Beautiful pictures taken by the very talented Kaper
  • YES!  I had anxiety around sleep!?  It got better around week 6.  However, now I have gone back to work at 8 weeks and its back.  I am so exhausted from getting up at night and then working all day.  I can't really fall back to sleep....so I am running on low!?  Thinking about talking to my dr about it. 
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes!!! I had some anxiety that I took Lexapro for a few years ago. I came off before we started trying to get pregnant. Well after Lo's arrival I started to have anxiety again. I let it go until my pp check up. Spoke to my DR and he put me back on lexapro. I help off another week to see if it would subside but it didnt so I started it and I feel so much better.

I am having a lot less useless worry and with work starting in a few weeks I feel like Ill be more calm to handle it.

If it gets to be too much talk to your DR

• YES! I have had anxiety issues prior to having Breelynne, but it was well under control (i had even come off of a prescription for it before TTC) before I became pregnant. She is now 8 weeks, and I went to my dr last week and he put me back on an anti depressant, which has helped. I was not only having anxiety, but my anxiety would come over me like a wave of nausea. I also starting have PPD, and I am glad that everything feels better.

Hope you feel better!

• I had anxiety issues before I even got pregnant but the things that get me really anxious these days are taking LO out in public. If she starts crying and I can't soothe her right away people stare and give me that look of "Why can't you make that baby stop already?!" Why just today I was at the Pedi's office and she was crying in the waiting room and EVERYONE was staring at me! Seriously? This is a Dr's office for children. Ugh.

Another thing is nursing in public, I just get too worked up about it, even though I have a cover, I still think to myself that people know what's going on under there and will judge. I really need to chill and just not give a damn about what other people think. 

• So glad to see this post and know others are feeling the same way. I am seeing a doctor and a therapist about it. I had depression and some mild anxiety before I was PG, but this is an all-time high. I feel like I'm running on adrenaline/have butterflies in my stomach ALL DAY. Ugh.

Totally agree with needing to chill and not care what others think. This is my problem too. I keep comparing myself and/or my baby to others, and it's not helping.

• yes - big time. It creeped up on my though. Lo is 14 weeks and I'm just realizing how bad it's gotten. The end of my maternity leave was pretty bad but I just blew it off as anxiety over returning to work. I have really weird visions and feelings that something really awful will happen to me and lo, or to lo and dh when they go out together so I freak out if he's going to take her somewhere. I've been talking to people about it and most people just say that's a normal part of being a mother. That's crazy - how could this constant feeling of doom and overwhelming paranoia be normal??  My husband keeps asking if I think I should just stay home with her, but I don't think that would really solve my anxiety. I've been anxious about being away from her or even having someone else hold her since she was born and I'm anxious that I or someone else will hurt her by accident even when I'm with her. Just last week when I was home alone at night with her I was changing her diaper when all of a sudden I had a vision of us having been murdered. I freaked out and carried lo around the house without a diaper to check all the doors to make sure they were locked.  That's when I think I realized I had a really serious problem. The good news is that I'm trying to get help. I started zoloft and I'm seeing a therapist today.  I have NO depression symptoms or thoughts about intentionally hurting myself or lo so I guess that's how this was missed when they screened me for PPD.  I thought my thoughts/visions were crazy, but if someone had asked if I was having them at 2 or 6 weeks p-partum I probably would have felt better about talking to someone about them.  Anyone else experiencing this type of anxiety?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"