3rd Trimester

signs that labor is near?

Hi, i am currently 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant...ive heard on other websites you can get "flu" like symtoms before labor starts...

on Tues i was 2cm dilated and 60% effaced and said im "favourable" not to go to my due date.

I have had contractions but they are not timeable...

im just wondering is it common to feel "off colour" and exhausted ALL the time no matter how much sleep you've had. I wouldn't say i feel ill...however i can't put my finger on whats wrong!

Thankyou!Smile

Daisypath Anniversary tickers pregnancy due date

Re: signs that labor is near?

• If feeling like crap means labor is near, I've been close to labor for 8 months. Bahah.

Seriously, though, there are no sure things that have been known to show labor is coming. Some people feel extra tired, some people get a burst of energy. Some get lots of BH, some get none. Nausea and diarrhea are often signs that your body is getting ready for labor, but not always; and not all bouts of these symptoms mean labor is coming (I've had plenty of nausea over the last couple weeks and have yet to go into labor, lol).

Rest, relax, and hang in there!

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I woke up today and felt just terrible. Thankfully, I had an OB appointment. When I asked my doctor about it he told me that when I'm feeling like this, it's more than likely just the baby's position and has nothing to do with how close labor is. He said the only sure fire way to know when labor is close is to feel those contractions. I know that's not what you wanted to hear...it wasn't what I wanted to hear either. Hang in there, it'll happen!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would say yes, but I didn't feel that way for days before.  I only felt that way the day I actually went into labor and was already having timeable mild contractions. 

If you are just feeling tired, and blah...it's probably just because you are 38+ weeks and your body is tired.  If you notice your generally crappy feeling goes up a notch one day, then maybe that would be a sign.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had no signs of labor with my son. I was induced at 40 weeks due to protein in my urine at my check up. Never had contractions, blood show nothing. I still had energy but I was starting to get more uncomfortable.

• I felt like crap about 2 weeks before DS was born, and I was sure something was happening, but nada.  I think it's pretty common to feel generally not good in late pregnancy, whether you're going into labor or not.

When labor actually started, I had flu-like symptoms (vomiting, hot/cold flashes, etc.), but it was pretty clear by then what was going on since I was already having contractions.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageskio:

Seriously, though, there are no sure things that have been known to show labor is coming. Some people feel extra tired, some people get a burst of energy. Some get lots of BH, some get none. Nausea and diarrhea are often signs that your body is getting ready for labor, but not always; and not all bouts of these symptoms mean labor is coming (I've had plenty of nausea over the last couple weeks and have yet to go into labor, lol).

Ditto this.  Sorry. :(  The ONLY consistent 'symptom' I had both times was thinking, 'I'm NEVER going to have this baby!'.  I went into labor that same night both times.   You never can tell.  GL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thanks for your messages :) x
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers pregnancy due date
  • Hey girlie. Just wanted to let you know the week of DD's birth I felt amazing. I had a lot of energy and didn't think anything would happen soon - then I had her 4 days later lol. Everyone is different and what drove me crazy during the end of my pregnancy was not knowing the signs. Hang in there, I know it's a long journey but totally worth it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Mikaela is going to have a little brother! BabyFetus Ticker
  • I really hope that's not always the case because I've had flu-like symptoms yesterday and today and it's just still way too early for LO to be here!
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"