1st Trimester

HCG Levels - Do they always have to double?

I just found out I was pregnant a few days ago and have been having light pink discharge only when i wipe, and ive had an ultrasound and they saw the sac but didnt see anything.  The doctor said I could be very early so I have take 2 BT and the HCG levels are increasing but they didn't double.  Is that bad?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: HCG Levels - Do they always have to double?

• My dr likes to see at least a 60% increase in betas--doesn't have to be 100% doubled.

Hoping for the best for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dr likes to see at least a 60% increase in betas--doesn't have to be 100% doubled.

Hoping for the best for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • They do not always double, and I hate to be a negative nelly, but every time mine haven't doubled appropriately, it has ended in miscarriage.  Good luck, Check out Beta Base for more information.
    My 1st little miracle JAC born 4/8/09- Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Working on Miracle #2 When the world says "give up." Hope whispers"Try one more time"
  • Hi, this will be long but I am hoping to give your reassurance.. I had the same situation.. 6 weeks after my LMP--i started spotting.. My HCG were 35XX.X then 48hr later they were 49XX.X and then another two days later they were 69XX.X---so they took 4 days to just about double (I put X's in there b/c I don't exactly remember the numbers)  In the midst of that I had and US that showed I was only 4W-- and a week later I had a repeat US that showed I was 6W1d---and a heartbeat was seen.. Then I saw my OB--and he said "I see numbers that don't double in 30% of all perfect pregnancies---all I really care about it-is that you are not spotting anymore and we have an US w/ a heartbeat!"

Don't go crazy looking things up, I had myself diagnosed w/ a million things, none of which were good and only caused grief.. I have another FU US next week just to be sure everything is still ok--and I'm banned from sex for first Tri--but I am hoping my bean grows to a healthy baby.. 

Good Luck to you, keep us posted, hopefully it's nothing! Stay hopeful!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope! I had my hcg drawn when I was 5 weeks on a Thur & again on Monday. 4 days & they doubled. Then again on Tuesday and only went up a small amount. the dr was prepared to tell me I was m/cing again (last time hcg not double & no heartbeat). But I had an u/s at 6weeks, saw a beating heart. Another u/s at 7weeks and a growing bean & heartbeat and a third u/s at 9 weeks and there is a baby there!! :-)  DONT read up too much online, it will only freak you out. Try to be happy about your baby and wait it out. when is your u/s??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"