Georgia Babies

Forsyth Northside hospital + donating cord blood

Hi all. First post on here.

I'm delivering at Forysth Northside. It doesn't look like they are on the "hospitals you can donate cord blood at" list.

Anyone deliver here and do a successful cord donation? If so, how?

Thanks!

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

Re: Forsyth Northside hospital + donating cord blood

• Try this company https://www.lifeforcecryobanks.com/enroll/donating/  They send a collection kit that you bring to the hospital and courier picks it up. so it shouldn't matter what hospital you are at.

I will tell you to sign up with them early as they only accept so many donations for any given month.  I think you need to get your application in by 32 weeks?

Also, be sure to ask your OB about any collection fees that s/he may charge.  My OB was willing to waive the charge since it was a donation.

• I was told by my OB that it was next to impossible to do in the entire state of GA.  Which really upset me, I would have like to have donated it.  I delivered at Piedmont but she said it wasn't hospital specific, but state specific. 

Good luck! 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks all! I'll check with my ob at my next appt. Total bummer about GA not being a friendly donation state Sad

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Hey! I know these babies! Did you end up donating the cord blood? I was looking for the same answer. We want to donate but we are going to Northside Atlanta and they aren't on the list. (What a waste!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"