Babies: 9 - 12 Months

1st Birthday Party Advice PLEASE

DD's birthday party is in a month and a half... I'm having a party for her at a restaurant on a saturday afternoon... I have invited about 75 people (majority are adults)... what could I possibly do for entertainment? There will be only 3 kids (including my LO) so having a clown or elmo just doesn't seem right but I don't know how to entertain all these adults besides feeding them a meal... I hate party planning!

Any advise for me?

Re: 1st Birthday Party Advice PLEASE

• I wouldn't really worry about entertainment; I think LO will be enough entertainment. :) I would just make sure to visit with everyone- do most of  them know each other? Maybe some kind of introduction? But then again listening to 75 people introductions is a lot. Sorry, I'm not much help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm thinking about having a "reading" booth.  I will have a bunch of children's books and a tape recorder and microphone.  People can take a turn going in to read a book on tape and also leave a little message for DS.   That way I can play stories for DS read by people who love him.  We live away from all our family so I want DS to hear his family's voices.  Granted, we're not going to have 75 people

imageimage
  • I was going to suggest you google "big group games" or something like that. Maybe just find an ice breaker type of game that would be fun. But I agree with both PP. And I LOVE the book reading idea!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For only 3 kids depending on ages I would just do something small for the kids and gear something for adults. Probably just serve beer/wine and have light background music to make for a relaxed & mingling environment.

If the kids are old enough (obv. not your lo) I'd do a table for coloring, crafts, etc.

• Do you know how to belly dance?

j/k - I would not worry about entertaining adults over dinner.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's at a restaurant. which is more geared towards chatting.  Just let them eat and chat, and make sure you make the rounds of speaking to everyone.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers