May 2011 Moms

Multiple Registries?

We already registered at Target, but now I'm thinking about registering at BRU also. How many of you are registering at more than one place and how is this working out? I don't want to seem greedy by having 2 registries

pregnancy Anniversary BabyName Ticker

Re: Multiple Registries?

• I think that having multiple is good esp for some areas that do not have one of the stores anywhere.

I am registering with BRU but might with pottery barn (just for somethings I want so I can use the 10% coupon at the end)

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have two. Mostly big ticket items through amazon, because they're cheaper. And then some easier finds at BRU for those who want to go in store to purchase. I think maybe a third of what we registered for is at BRU. And compared to what other registries I've seen... we didn't register for very much at all. (we're using it as a checklist as to what we still need to buy. If theres a shower thrown thats great, but I didn't get a bridal shower... so I'm not expecting a baby shower either)

My overly happy baby girl!

I'm a breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, anti-CIO Mommy
    Raising Bean
    Wives Unscripted

Married my hero on 10-11-08
    Our bean was born on 05-19-11
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJUSTBEYOURSELF:

I think that having multiple is good esp for some areas that do not have one of the stores anywhere.

this. 

• We registered at BRU and Target. I actually have the same items on both registries so that people can decide where they want to buy from. Not everyone lives near a BRU so we figured Target was a good choice. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary
  • I'm registered at both those places, also. I found that Target has somethings cheaper. I registered for things like bottles, toys, and sippy cups, and diapers at Target because they were cheaper than at Babies R Us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm registered at Target and BRU because my hometown where my shower was doesn't have a BRU anywhere close but we have a really good one. We also put duplicates of some things so that Target people would have access to them. It's been fine, most things that were bought off our registry came from Target. Only about 1/3 of the gifts at our shower actually came off our registry so it didn't make much difference, but it gave people options.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageLegalLadyBug:
    We registered at BRU and Target. I actually have the same items on both registries so that people can decide where they want to buy from. Not everyone lives near a BRU so we figured Target was a good choice. 

I understand the logic behind this but I think it will become a problem.  You will get lots of doubles because people aren't going to double check both registries before they buy an item.  Sure, items are easy enough to return but  it takes the joy away from the gift giver at your shower.  I showed up at a shower and was the second person to arrive with a bathtub; the mom-to-be dealt well with it but I was uncomfortable.

I think if you are going to have two registries you need to make sure that an item on one registry does not appear on the other.  (Items like bottles, etc. can be on both.)

*Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • We actually registered at 3 places.  Wal-Mart, BRU and Target.  It's not uncommon for people in my area to do that because we live in a rural area and no one place has everything you need.  I mean, our BRU is about 4 aisles in our TRU!  People here do that all the time for babies and weddings.  I did double register for some things and I just plan on registry stalking, so if someone buys the baby monitor at BRU, I'll go take it off the Target registry.  HTH!
  • I'm registered at BRU and Target as well. BRU is just too expensive for some stuff so I registered at Target but there are things that BRU has that Target doesn't like the Tommee Tippee line of bottles and pacifiers. I really want those. I will buy those myself if no one gives them as a gift.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • We're doing two registries due to geography, and since everyone knows that our friends and family are spread out all over the country, I'm not at all worried about people thinking it's greed instead of courtesy. I am avoiding duplicates though.
  • I wanted to steer clear of multiple registries. I definitely understand why the ladies above have 2, if they have family is all over the country or what not. If its just for price differences on things you don't mind getting multiples of, like bottles and binkies, I wouldn't waste your time putting one together.

In my experience, most people will check your registry online and buy that kind of stuff from a cheaper store anyway. Not everyone is going to buy from that particular store, so you might end up with duplicates anyway, but I just took the ones that were actually purchased from the registry back. It can also cause a hassle in exchanging items, as you will most likely have to figure out which store an item came from. I hope that helps! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I did one at BRU for people who want to go to a real store and pick something out. Then I did an Amazon universal wishlist for some stuff I really do want but BRU doesn't carry. I doubt I'll get anything off that one, but I tried to keep it as simple as possible and only used 2 or 3 websites, one of which has free shipping for all orders.

Honestly, if I had Target here, I would have skipped BRU. I don't really like it there.

• I have two registries.  One at BRU for all of the necessities and the other at PB Baby for furniture/decor.  No biggie...go for it.
  • We registered at BRU and Target to give our shower guests a variety of choices in different price ranges. I liked the strollers and car seats that BRU had to offer better than Target, but I liked Target's selection of smaller items better.
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• It seems like I followed along with the trend. I also registered at both Target and BRU. I found some things to be  cheaper. For example the bedding set I wanted is about $20 cheaper in Target.
  • I have 3 because not everything was available at one store.
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • I first registered with Target and then when I went on my first trip to BRU and realized how many things they have there that Target doesn't-like bedding sets come on Target WTF? So I registered at BRU too. I think most of the stuff I really want is there, however the closest one to my house is like 35 minutes away via freeway so I kept my registry at Target so just in case some people can't make it to BRU they can still go somewhere.
  • i think more then one registry is greedy it is a baby shower not a wedding. but that it just me.
  • imageMrsK09:
    We actually registered at 3 places.  Wal-Mart, BRU and Target.  It's not uncommon for people in my area to do that because we live in a rural area and no one place has everything you need.  I mean, our BRU is about 4 aisles in our TRU!  People here do that all the time for babies and weddings.  I did double register for some things and I just plan on registry stalking, so if someone buys the baby monitor at BRU, I'll go take it off the Target registry.  HTH!

This is my plan, too.  Instead of Target though, I registered at Buy Buy Baby.  IMO, BRU is a bit overpriced with some items and I noticed that many of the items I registered for are about $20 cheaper at BBB.  Also, I hear the return policies are better at BBB and they accept Bed Bath and Beyond coupons.

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My Acme Box last update 3/28/11
  • imageakklotz0810:
    i think more then one registry is greedy it is a baby shower not a wedding. but that it just me.

I don't understand this logic.  I'm registered at BRU for very specific items (which we've received as stand-alone gifts, not shower gift), Wal-Mart for specific items (one of which we've received as a stand-alone gift), and Target for everything else. BRU (as a stand alone retail store) can be very overwhelming for shower guests, so I chose to make Target our main list.

I choose who I tell about my registries and after my due date I'll get a coupon to get any necessities left on either list.    In fact, I signed up on Pottery Barn and Land of Nod just in case there are decor/nursery items I decide I can't live without, just so I can use the fulfillment coupon.

To me, that makes me savvy, not greedy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"