May 2011 Moms
Options

Friday Flame Free Confessions!

Re: Friday Flame Free Confessions!

• Options

I am so sick of the Baby Shower debate.  It is the same debate in every thread! Stop bringing it up..

I hate people who live off the government.  Let's just have another kid and then we will get more money for food, heat, and free daycare.  I don't get mad at people who are just going through a tough time and need assistance, but when you are just doing it because you are a lazy pile of sh*t then you really tick me off!! I could rant about this for hours!

DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • Options

I microwave food in plastic containers.

I take long, hot showers.

And you know what?  I do worry about affording babies.  We didn't start trying until we knew it was financially responsible and had money set aside, but sh*t happens.  Didn't expect to have twins.  Didn't expect my insurance to go from great to crappy mid-pregnancy.  Didn't expect to have to go off work a month earlier (or sooner for bed rest if that happens) due to twins delivering sooner.  Didn't expect to need two of everything...just looking at the prices of car seats freaks me out.  We'll make it work and we'll be ok and we will take care of our family, but I think it's perfectly reasonable to worry about money.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJasonKristen:

I hate people who live off the government.  Let's just have another kid and then we will get more money for food, heat, and free daycare.  I don't get mad at people who are just going through a tough time and need assistance, but when you are just doing it because you are a lazy pile of sh*t then you really tick me off!! I could rant about this for hours!

I hate waiting in line behind someone with food stamps or WIC at the grocery store.

imageimage
  • Options

It drives me crazy when people post vents that made them sound idiotic and when everyone in the thread points out how idiotic they sound, they get all huffy.  I would rather be told I sound stupid and correct my attitude then continue on going off about nothing.

Speaking of showers - I a) don't understand why people think it's tacky for a mother or mother-in-law to throw one and b) don't understand when people say that people shouldn't expect gifts at a shower.  It is what a shower is for.  To shower the mom with gifts.  If someone is throwing a meet-the-baby party that's one thing, but if you're attending a shower, it's just as tacky to think you don't have to bring a present to one as it is to think it's okay to throw your own shower.

I can't stand when people talk about "punishing" their DH.  Grow up.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageEJensify:

I'm bribing my DH to lose weight with freaky sex. Shameful, but I think it's working.

I am so cheap that I might actually squeak, and I am totally envious of you moms who are shopping in boutiques and buying top of the line gear. I'm a granola, baby wearing type, with Bugaboo stroller envy.

I love you and I'm right there except for the bugaboo thing.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagetheaustins05:

I hate waiting in line behind someone with food stamps or WIC at the grocery store.

Why?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagetheaustins05:
    I'm done talking about showers, all the debating is kinda taking the fun out of it.

Ditto. I've had enough. 

Wait until all of the shower disappointment posts start. 

::headdesk::

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options

One more and then I'll be done:

The "I just fell" posts drive me NUTS!

If you think you hurt yourself or the baby, call the doctor. End of story.

My first inclination would not be to run to the computer and ask the Bump what to do. 

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• Options
    lol-kerrbear you are cracking me up!
  • Options

imageandigurl:

You must be a fellow b*tch then ;) 

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• Options
    imagemullenem:

I think that baby bedding sets are pretty much all ugly and a waste of money.  I don't understand spending, in some cases, well over $150 for bedding that you don't even really use for long and a lot of them are just SO gaudy.  Ick. 

Oh, and I totally judge people who use bumpers.  I can't help it, it just seems like an unnecessarily risk. 

ditto this!  Although I don't really think they are guady.  Just a huge waste of money!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I had sooo many early this week and I had so little sleep last night that I don't remember them...

I have some family members on my registry knowing they will buy my LO stuff - not because I need them to, but because I think they owe me. I plan to disown some later this year - I've had enough of their $#!? and telling me about how I owe them for bringing me into their family.

This is the same family who has turned my younger brother against me because I've started talking to and have a relationship with my bio dad. I have no qualms with taking them at the wallet!

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imagekerrbear72:

imagetheaustins05:
    I'm done talking about showers, all the debating is kinda taking the fun out of it.

Ditto. I've had enough. 

LOL! The next month or so should bring a ton of fun posts.

• Options
    imagekerrbear72:

One more and then I'll be done:

The "I just fell" posts drive me NUTS!

If you think you hurt yourself or the baby, call the doctor. End of story.

My first inclination would not be to run to the computer and ask the Bump what to do. 

Yes

• Options

imagekerrbear72:

imageandigurl:

I like to think of myself more as a "realist"... ;) 

Oddly enough, b*tch fits the bill sometimes too.
  • Options
    image00tedsgirl:

Starting a paragraph with "to each his own" or "I'm open-minded" or anything along those lines, followed by a really judgmental statement cracks me up. They might as well be saying "I'm not racist, but I just hate black people."  There are plenty of things that are not my style, but I could not care less if other people do them.  You can name your love child Aydyn Breydin Caid-n bo'Feighdon while you birth him (her?) stark naked in a tub of jello at the local arena and it will not affect me in the least.

Thanks for almost making me pee my pants! God i wish my bladder was in better check. FU kegals. Ive been doing them all along and feeling silly and i still can barely hold in my pee. 

I also hate that ive turned into the chick that only talks about babies. Everyone is having them and thats all anyone seems to want to talk to me about. I love talking about the baby, but it seems like people think i cant talk about anything else anymore. I had to start spending time with my husbands friends to actually get a normal conversation in.

And it bothers me that a few of my good friends have seemed to have written me off since ive gotten pregnant. Im still the same person and can still do everything i used to do (except drinking).  wow, i guess i had more to rant about than i thought.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageRinnyAnne:

I take long, hot showers.

And you know what?  I do worry about affording babies.  We didn't start trying until we knew it was financially responsible and had money set aside, but sh*t happens.  Didn't expect to have twins.  Didn't expect my insurance to go from great to crappy mid-pregnancy.  Didn't expect to have to go off work a month earlier (or sooner for bed rest if that happens) due to twins delivering sooner.  Didn't expect to need two of everything...just looking at the prices of car seats freaks me out.  We'll make it work and we'll be ok and we will take care of our family, but I think it's perfectly reasonable to worry about money.

I take a hot bath every.single.night.  Love them!

And as far as twins, I get it.  Call me a hypocrite but I see that type of worrying about money different than those related to a singleton.  Yes, I knew there was a chance of multiples when we started treatments with the RE, but I never thought it would happen to me Smile  While I'm super excited about both of these babies, when I think about the costs associated with twins it's stressful.

Again, I see it differently.  Stressing and worrying about finances for two babies is different than people who were TTC when they had money issues beforehand.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Being pregnant with multiples has made me really biitchy and generally not tolerant of others' pregnancy whines. When someone complains about RLP, stretching, hip pain, being "so over" pregnancy, etc I just want to scream. In 4 weeks, my fundal height has gone from 24 weeks to 36 weeks. That's right, 12 weeks of growth in 4 weeks. And my ute is already the size that yours will be when you are 36 weeks along. So eat me. I realize that this is completely irrational, but I can't help myself.

Has anyone noticed I'm in a biitchy mood today?

• Options
    imageandigurl:

imagekerrbear72:

imageandigurl:

It's like we have our own little club Smile

• Options

I hate my snoogle! Super Angry

...it gets more action than I do Crying

• Options
    imagebhilyer:
    imageandigurl:

imagekerrbear72:

imageandigurl:

It's like we have our own little club Smile

I'm President! 

Why? Because I said so.

:) 

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• Options
    imageatlb685:

Being pregnant with multiples has made me really biitchy and generally not tolerant of others' pregnancy whines. When someone complains about RLP, stretching, hip pain, being "so over" pregnancy, etc I just want to scream. In 4 weeks, my fundal height has gone from 24 weeks to 36 weeks. That's right, 12 weeks of growth in 4 weeks. And my ute is already the size that yours will be when you are 36 weeks along. So eat me. I realize that this is completely irrational, but I can't help myself.

Has anyone noticed I'm in a biitchy mood today?

Completely agree  Yes

• Options
    imagebhilyer:

Again, I see it differently.  Stressing and worrying about finances for two babies is different than people who were TTC when they had money issues beforehand.

I completely agree with this.  And frankly I see a lot of MOM on here who are focused on being thrifty instead of having to have everything new and the most expensive.  Babies are expensive (two even more so).  The point of my FFC is that the people who say that they need to have a shower to get their baby gear they can't afford are looking at it the wrong way.  They can focus on is finding deals and, when safe, second hand items.  They should also look at their wish-list and narrow it down to what their baby really needs, not what they want their baby to have rather than expecting a shower and having others buy them everything.

• Options
    imagepook:
    imagekerrbear72:

imagetheaustins05:

Ditto. I've had enough. 

What is there to be disappointed about? you didnt get the stuff you wanted? take it back and get the stuff you did. the games were dumb? stop being so uptight and just enjoy being with your friends and family. some people dont get that luxury.  

• Options
    imagekammmmay:
    imagepook:
    imagekerrbear72:

imagetheaustins05:

Ditto. I've had enough. 

What is there to be disappointed about? you didnt get the stuff you wanted? take it back and get the stuff you did. the games were dumb? stop being so uptight and just enjoy being with your friends and family. some people dont get that luxury.  

Ah huh. You just wait and see.. 

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• Options
    imagepinkpear:
    imagebhilyer:

I completely agree with this.  And frankly I see a lot of MOM on here who are focused on being thrifty instead of having to have everything new and the most expensive.  Babies are expensive (two even more so).  The point of my FFC is that the people who say that they need to have a shower to get their baby gear they can't afford are looking at it the wrong way.  They can focus on is finding deals and, when safe, second hand items.  They should also look at their wish-list and narrow it down to what their baby really needs, not what they want their baby to have rather than expecting a shower and having others buy them everything.

Oh, i totally hear you. You dont need a $600 crib and a $1200 top of the line stroller because you dont have a car. Save your money There are options for any budget at walmart and target and sometimes you can find great deals on lightly used items (though ive noticed a ton of people are trying to sell their 3 year old crap on craigslist for the price you can get it new at the store). Lower your expectations and just get the necessities - its not the end of the world. My husband is from a 3rd world country. They dont put their kids in diapers and they breastfeed their kids til they are 2 or 3 because nobody has money (though they really should avoid having babies in the first place)

• Options

Woke up a little to think of one that kills me every weekend!

I got a horse just after finding out I'm pg? so I haven't gotten to really ride him - yeah that's right, I sat on him after a lesson when his fat butt was too tired to do anything but walk! And it was the most glorious 10 minutes! I coach every weekend, so watching these people I'm training on him makes me extremely jealous!

BabyName Ticker
  • Options

I hate that my co-workers and I make the same amount of money but come tax time, they are getting THOUSANDS of dollars back because they have kids and I get $150. BOOOO!

I hate to go to Wal-Mart this time of year because you can tell that people have their refunds back. Their carts are full of uncecessary crap like 50 inch tv's but kids don't have a coat on??? Really?

I hate that people abuse the welfare system because there are people that do need it. I am all for helping someone that really needs it but, this welfare system needs a major overhaul! I work for the state and It pisses me off to no end that the people who are using food stamps at the store are the ones that are rocking the most expensive clothes, they have their hair and nails done and they are driving a 2011 vehicle!

Ok. Rant over.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageefirdalyssa:

I hate that people abuse the welfare system because there are people that do need it. I am all for helping someone that really needs it but, this welfare system needs a major overhaul! I work for the state and It pisses me off to no end that the people who are using food stamps at the store are the ones that are rocking the most expensive clothes, they have their hair and nails done and they are driving a 2011 vehicle!

Ok. Rant over.

When I was a kid I knew a family where the husband quit his great job to go on welfare and sit on his @$$ at home drinking beer with his wife - the kids ALWAYS had lice and the younger one never wore pants and pooed on the slide. I hate seeing kids not properly taken care of and watching them grow into lazy good-for-nothings Sad

BabyName Ticker
  • Options

-I really, really miss alcohol. Last night was my guy's birthday, and while I was glad that I could drive him safely, it was so miserable being the only sober person...also, drunk people are SUPER annoying when you're not drunk.

-I bitched and moaned to DH about getting a car for the last 6.5 months. We finally got one, and I realized that I have nowhere I really want to go...lol.

• Options
    imagepinkpear:
    imagebhilyer:

For the record, I agree with what you said in your original FFFC.  I was responding to RinnyAnne saying that she worries about money with multiples.

Bottom line = if you can't afford a kid, don't try to have one and expect people to buy you lots of stuff because you can't.

• Options

I keep checking the bad name post in case I see my name(s) there.  I don't think they're unique at all, the girl's name is irish and the boy's name is VERY italian (i know, the irony), but they're definitely not common.  

I know that if i see them there, it'll sting a bit.

And yet I keep checking.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!! 

• Options

Flame Free?

I judge those Bumpies who have to use use FI or SO instead of DH.

• Options

I freaking love this post.

Y'all have made my day! 

• Options

imageelisbu:

Flame Free?

I judge those Bumpies who have to use use FI or So instead of DH.

Yep, me too. 

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• Options
    imagetheaustins05:
    imageJasonKristen:

I hate waiting in behind behind military families that have to use food stamps and WIC. Not because they are using them but because I hate that our government won't pay the men and women who fight for our country enough to keep them off of this.

DS1 5/15/11
    DS2 12/20/12
  • Options
    Women that parent and punish their husbands. DH is not my child. I don't tell him what he can and can't do. I wouldn't want him telling me I can't do something or "punishing" me for staying out late. Why would I do that to him.
  • Options

Ahh I have one more:

I totally judge women who CHOOSE not to breastfeed because they "don't want to ruin their boobs." Selfish b*tches, and faulty logic.

• Options

imageefirdalyssa:
    I hate that people abuse the welfare system because there are people that do need it. I am all for helping someone that really needs it but, this welfare system needs a major overhaul! I work for the state and It pisses me off to no end that the people who are using food stamps at the store are the ones that are rocking the most expensive clothes, they have their hair and nails done and they are driving a 2011 vehicle! Ok. Rant over.

I worked with a guy who would only work 2 days a week for 4 hrs or less because if he worked any more he wouldn't be able to live in his welfare paid for house and get his checks from our government. He was lazy when he did show up and so fat that he had to take breaks every hour. And he called out for half of his shifts he did get.

imageimage
  • Options
    Getting a (large) tax refund back is stupid, imo and being envious of one is even stupider.  If you do your withholding's correctly, the optimum thing is to break even on April 15th and have that extra money in your paycheck all year long. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"