San Diego Babies

Sharp Mary Birch...experiences?

Wondering how everyone's experiences have been giving birth at Sharp Mary Birch? Any suggestions, I'm due late June, early July and am curious :) thanks!! 

Re: Sharp Mary Birch...experiences?

• I'll let you know... I'll be there sometime this month!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will be there sometime this month as well, so will let you know!! :)  I will say that there childbirth classes and breastfeeding class that we have attended have been wonderful!
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't like any of the classes I took there, but my delivery (c-section) and hospital stay were good!  The only thing I didn't really care for were the dirty looks I got from some nurses when I asked them to take the girls to the nursery for a couple hours so I could sleep (per my doctor's orders).  I guess they really frown upon using the nursery at all.  Other than that, super happy.  We were all well taken care of.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • During labor and delivery the nurses and doctors were awesome and very attentive.  Once I was on the 3rd floor where you recover, I had horrible service in the beginning. I had this nurse that was brand new and she didn't know what the heck she was doing. She was supossed to also tell me I was allowed to shower and she didn't. 

It really depends on your nurses.  Hopefully, you get a few good ones. It seems like the 3rd floor nurses are bored and have nothing to do. 

• I had my baby girl there back in July on my sister's recommendation (she delivered both her boys there) and loved it!  I went in on a Thursday morning for an induction but made no progress and my baby's heartrate was slowing, so late the following Friday morning I had a c-section.  Everyone we encountered from the nurses to administration to the food services folks were great.  I really loved the nurses I had, they were awesome, super supportive and fun.  In fact, one night my LO decided to swallow a bunch of air and had to have the air "suctioned" out of her belly.  At first we thought she had stopped breathing.  It was very scary to see a nurse running out the door and down the hall with her, but the nurses were so kind, they came in right away to reassure us that our baby was fine.  We stayed up all night (no easy task after 26 hours of labor) to keep an eye on our LO until my nurse came in and offered to watch the baby for a bit so that we could get some sleep.  She knew we had been there for over a day and had yet to sleep...we thought it was very kind.  Of course our little angel decided she was hungry about 1.5 hours later, but we got enough of a nap to feel recharged. 

I also liked the two doctors I saw while there.  And when I wanted to refuse a drug to help ripen my cervix, the doctor explained that it was my right and never pushed me to change my mind.  Which I really appreciated.

All in all I am so glad we chose Mary Birch for our birthing experience.  Although it did not go as planned, we both really felt supported and cared for.  Personally I felt dare I say almost pampered; I really felt like my nurses were there just for me and that my baby and I were their number one priority.  They always answered our questions, no matter how silly or common they seemed, and were very proactive in our care.  For example, when they noticed that my baby was losing a litte more weight than normally expected, they quickly called in a lactation consultant.  I will be going back to Mary Birch when we are ready to give our daughter a little sister or brother. 

Good luck and congrats to you, mama!  And happy birthing!! :)

• I had a great experience overall. I hated the doctor that did my c-section. He was very rough and not very personable. I also agree with pp that said they gave her the side eye when she asked to have the babies taken to the nursery. That happened to me too. They said only for 2 hours and that was it. I had great nurses and the food is really good.
  • imageExcitedInSD:

All in all I am so glad we chose Mary Birch for our birthing experience.  Although it did not go as planned, we both really felt supported and cared for.  Personally I felt dare I say almost pampered; I really felt like my nurses were there just for me and that my baby and I were their number one priority.  They always answered our questions, no matter how silly or common they seemed, and were very proactive in our care.  For example, when they noticed that my baby was losing a litte more weight than normally expected, they quickly called in a lactation consultant.  I will be going back to Mary Birch when we are ready to give our daughter a little sister or brother. 

This exactly!!!  I loved everything about Mary Birch!  I was in labor for 36 hours and ended in a c-section.  I loved the doctors and the nurses were wonderful! I felt like I was the only patient they had to take care of and they did not make me feel like I was being kicked out.  When I did go home, I was rested and I felt like I was ready to go home.  I completely agree that I felt pampered. I still joke that it was my mini vacation at Mary Birch. 

I highly recommend Mary Birch.  I can't imagine having a baby anywhere else in San Diego.  It makes me smile everytime I drive by!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"