2nd Trimester

One Born Every Minute

On now Ladies just wanted to give a friendly reminder it's on your Lifetime channel.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: One Born Every Minute

• Thank you for the reminder.. I made sure it was recording.. not sure I will make it through it tonight!  But cant wait to watch!
  • Going back and forth between this and teen mom! haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow...there are some interesting characters on here.  Just for the record, I think I would murder my man for going to Walmart while I was in labor.  Then again, I can't imagine being in labor and not having anything bought or done before that... Indifferent
  • imagelynn97:
    Wow...there are some interesting characters on here.  Just for the record, I think I would murder my man for going to Walmart while I was in labor.  Then again, I can't imagine being in labor and not having anything bought or done before that... Indifferent

This.  I mean seriously what was he thinking! 

• Is it just me, or does watching the whole epidural process (needle going in) make anyone else queasy? 
  • imagekgunz11:
    Is it just me, or does watching the whole epidural process (needle going in) make anyone else queasy? 

Definitely. I'll quite likely have one but ignorance is bliss re: the size of the needle and such.

• I cried in the first minute!!
  • This couple with the birth plan is driving me BATTY!  I mean if you want to be in absolute agony go for it but stop treating the nurse like she is the enemy.  She is only trying to be supportive for goodness sake!
  • The birth plan couple made me want to choke them through the tv.

Yes, you can "plan" but in the end do what is best for your CHILD- that was what the nurse was trying to do!

image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
  • imagemusicamh:
    This couple with the birth plan is driving me BATTY!  I mean if you want to be in absolute agony go for it but stop treating the nurse like she is the enemy.  She is only trying to be supportive for goodness sake!

I totally agree.  You can go natural if you want, fine but let them check in on the baby to make sure all is well.  You never know if they are in duress.  Without monitors I wouldn't have known that by laying on my left side I was crushing DS's cord that was around his neck.  As long as I labored in the other positions he was fine.  They need to monitor the baby.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow....

Natural birth is one thing - denying an internal exam at 42 weeks after 18 hours of labor is just IRRESPONSIBLE.  Your birth plan is more important than a healthy baby at that point.  Holy moly...

And WOW on Tasha and Devin.  Who brings a stroller into L&D?

Was very very interesting to say the least!

• I recorded it & planned on watching but after the first 30 seconds I had to turn it off. It brought back the memories of my labor pain & made me cringe! I can't watch "A Baby Story" either. Do any 2nd time moms have the same reaction to watching woman go into labor?

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • imagemusicamh:
    This couple with the birth plan is driving me BATTY!  I mean if you want to be in absolute agony go for it but stop treating the nurse like she is the enemy.  She is only trying to be supportive for goodness sake!

THIS! I was watching and thought they were crazy. I totally support having a natural birth but the way they acted toward the nurse was rude and unjustified. If you wanted such a "hands-off" approach as their doula put it, then maybe consider having an at home birth or somewhere that blends better with your plan. The nurse wasn't doing anything out of line by asking to check the baby. EEEEEK..sure makes you have more respect for L&D nurses. 

• The Birth plan couple were making me crazy. My doctors offices has a strict no Doula policy, and after watching that I can totally see why. I also do not understand why they did not drive the 30 minutes to the natural birthing center. They obviously didnt want any medical attention, there is a point that you should want to make sure that baby is ok. Like the nurse said, I can see how you are doing, but I have no idea how the baby is doing.

More power to the women that go natural, but if you really do not want medical involvement then either do a home birth or a birthing center...

• This is not a bash on anyone, so please don't take it that way. Several posts said why didn't the couple go to the natural birthing center. I don't understand why a couple birthing naturally should have to go to a birthing center to get a natural birth. I totally understand what you mean about the father and their birth plan, definitely let the nurse or doctor monitor you, that's a no brainer in my opinion. But I have several close friends who all went natural in a hospital.  Most natural birth centers are out of network for insurance so it makes sense to me why they would want to go to the hospital. I personally think this show is portraying natural birth parents badly. I am going to a birth center and will be having a natural birth, but I totally support those who want the medicated birth, every woman should get the birth experience they want. I also wanted to thank the women on this board who support those who want a natural birth, I get a lot of negative responses, it's really frustrating. Thanks ladies.
  • imageEJChapman123:

Wow....

Natural birth is one thing - denying an internal exam at 42 weeks after 18 hours of labor is just IRRESPONSIBLE.  Your birth plan is more important than a healthy baby at that point.  Holy moly...

Irresponsible based on what? As if 18 hours of labor is somehow outside the norm - for a first-time mother especially! What action is the doctor going to take based on the result of the internal?

imageLaRue86:

The Birth plan couple were making me crazy. My doctors offices has a strict no Doula policy, and after watching that I can totally see why. I also do not understand why they did not drive the 30 minutes to the natural birthing center. They obviously didnt want any medical attention, there is a point that you should want to make sure that baby is ok. Like the nurse said, I can see how you are doing, but I have no idea how the baby is doing.

Your doctor's office would deny you a doula, which is proven to reduce the incidence of unnecessary interventions, including c-sections? That sounds like pretty bad practice to me.

• Well said LittleEgypt :) I prefer not to think that doctors know best JUST because they are a doctor. True doctors save lives, but womens bodys were born with the ability to birth without unnecessary interventions :)
  • I think they were just giving the nurse the cold shoulder. Natural birth is fine - it's obviously your choice and no one else's. But let the woman do her job and HELP you if help is needed!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"