2nd Trimester

Seeing spots and dizzy

I am seeing spots and feel dizzy, I never had this with my DD. I am thinking it might be a sign of high blood pressure and that I should head to L&D. Anyone had this symptom?

Re: Seeing spots and dizzy

• no, but i'd call your doc- do they have an after hours line? or go to l&d. especially if it's persisting. hope it's nothing!
  • I think some dizzy spells are normal, but if you haven't felt that before and you're having floaters in your vision, I'd definitely call.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Loading the player...
  • I just called they want me to go to L&D. Just waiting for my mom to come over and watch DD, while I am at the hospital. I also hope it's nothing. Oh the joys of pregnancy!
  • YES! I had this happen to me while in the middle of a busy dinner shift (waitress)! It was so freaky - I get migraines, but never experienced visual loss like that night. I'd been getting dizzy spells off and on (especially at work). I hung in there, drank water, the cooks fed me some sugar, and I put my head down on the cold metal counter and eventually the vision-loss went away and I went home to rest. All was fine, didn't go in to L&D, but would have if it gotten worse.
  • T&P for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They will probably give you fluid at L&D if you are dehydrated. How is your diet? sometimes that can be a factor....good luck
  • I have had these symptoms. I asked my doctor and my blood sugar was perfectly fine. He just said it's another symptom of pregnancy and to take it easy. I guess I was working myself too hard. Time to slow down.

Good luck.

• I hope everything is ok.  :(

Staying hydrated can be very important since your blood volume increases a lot when pregnant.  Dizziness/vertigo can be a sign of dehydration.

• I have had this and my MW is not concerned about it- she said to make sure I'm eating regularly and drinking enough water. So hopefully it's nothing, but I would definitely speak with your doctor.
  • I've been having dizzy spells, feeling faint, and seeing spots for the past couple of weeks. It happens when I've been up on my feet for a while, like grocery shopping or vacuuming. At first I thought it was my blood sugar, especially after I failed my first glucose test. I passed my 3 hour, so I don't what it is. It's not blood pressure. I just chalk it up to one of those pregnancy things.
    Photobucket
  • I had dizzy spells and things would go dark whenever I stood up during my first trimester. I mentioned it to my doctor and she said it was normal for pregnant women to have dizzy spells but she did double check my blood pressure. Make sure you are drinking enough water. I was so sick at the time that I think I was slightly dehydrated which may have been the cause.

Photobucket Photobucket
  • I had it with DD and a few times now. I was told to drink more water, and lie down on my left side for a while and that it should subside. 
  • I'm glad you're going into L&D. Seeing spots is not a normal pregnancy symptom and very well could indicate blood pressure issues. Keep us updated, please.
    Charlotte March 2009 Gwyneth June 2011 Team Green March 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"