Eco-Friendly Family

EFFer Weekly Challenge

How did everyone do last week??

This weeks challenge. Buy something from a bulk bin and try to use a re-usable container. 

Re: EFFer Weekly Challenge

• Well we put our lap top chargers, phone chargers and rechargeable battery charger all on a strip in our room that is now only on when needed. Our VHS has been unplugged completely. The coffee pot is now only long enough to heat a pot of water and back off again.

I plan on going to a co-op tonight with the hubbs and kids to see what its like. A local my from my parenting group shops there. I already have my re-usable produce bags waiting to go in the car, and need to get out a container for some bulk foods.

• We buy a lot of baking supplies (flours, sugar, etc) in bulk and put them in glass jars, and I also get snack foods like popcorn kernels, nuts, and dried fruit and do the same thing. Saves money and it's EFF!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

4 losses: Natural m/c 8w 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d
    DX: Endo, heterozygous MTHFR, low progesterone
    Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO) 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO) 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua born 5/23/13 at 7:36am via c/s, 7lb13oz, 19.25in
    TTC#2 5/14, BFP 8/15/14!  Beta #1 16 (11 DPO), Beta #2 71 (14 DPO) Beta #3 164 (16 DPO) Beta #4 633 (21 DPO) Beta #5 1487 (23 DPO) Heartbeat 121 bpm at 6w6d!  EDD 4/25/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Question - how does one do reusable containers for bulk items?  I don't think our regular grocery (where we buy bulk dried fruit & oatmeal) has any sort of scale to tare out.  Fortunately, we can recycle the bags after rinsing them, but curious for those of you that do use reusables at the store - what do you use? 

I do need to get back into using our produce bags...

Last week - didn't do much.  Most of our house was already on the power strip that gets turned off thing, but I can't say I did much to find more... :(  Curious if anyone does that at work.  I'm debating (would if I was positive no one would be using my computer while I was gone on leave).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did okay last week - was basically more aware about unplugging things but I did leave some big things plugged in.

Excited for this week though!

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"