Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC and Prozac? Anyone have any experience with this?

I had an appointment yesterday with my doctor to discuss some mild depression and anxiety I have been going through in the past few months.

She prescribed a low dose of Prozac and said it is the "best option for women in their childbearing years."

She knows we are TTC and doesn't seem to have any concern. 

My question is: If you have been or are on Prozac how has it affected your cycles? Any other input would be great!

TIA! 

TTC #4(#1 for DH and I)Since 8/2010
My Dx: PCOS 500mg Metformin 2x/day
imageimageimage

Re: TTC and Prozac? Anyone have any experience with this?

• It didn't do anything at all to my cycles. Good luck! 
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • I have been on Prozac for a couple years now because of anxiety and panic attack issues.  It hasn't affected my cycles at all.  My doctor also said it is the best SSRI to take if TTC because it has been studied the most in regards to pregnancy.
    TTC baby #1 since August 2010
    DX= Unexplained, TSH elevated, all other BW Normal. DH SA= Excellent
    7/19/11 50 mg Clomid = BFP, MMC at 6 weeks 1 day (9 weeks 3 days)

12/12/11 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + Progesterone= BFN

1/13/12 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + Progesterone= BFN

• I've been on prozac for years with no affect to my cycle. 
  • I was on Prozac for a couple of years.  It did not affect my cycles.  It is considered the safest medication to take while TTC/pregnant.  I ended up needing something stronger, so I had to get off my meds all together while TTC.  Prozac just doesn't do it for me anymore :(
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Prozac is supposed to be the safest for TTC/pregnancy and zoloft is supposed to be the best for breast feeding.

I'm on cymbalta for very, very bad debilitating headaches.  My doctors have told me that the risks of not taking it outweigh the risk of taking it while TTC and pregnancy.  I'm fairly concerned - but nothing else has worked...and I can not function as a mother, wife or employee without taking something for the pain.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards