3rd Trimester

No wonder I'm fecking grumpy- DH is a lazy bum!

He might help do dishes 1-2x a week, but that's it. On nights where I don't want to bathe the kids, I ask him to do it and he grumbles and complains about it. He says things like I don't want to bend over, I hate when they splash me, etc. Then he pipes up and says he needs a shower anyway and will just take them in with him!

Now, I have a 4yr old son and my DD will be 3 in 3 months. She's at the age where she is noticing a difference between what she has and what her brother and daddy have and I don't feel she needs to see DH's crap anymore. When I told him this last night, he got angry at ME saying he didn't want to give them a bath, she's fine, she'll get used to it, etc etc etc. I got super pissed and told him nevermind, I'll do it. Then he got pissy with me saying how I'm so controlling, and if he doesn't do things the way I want them done then I go off on him! I ignored him and bathed the kids myself, which at 39wks pg, 4cm with constant uncomfortable contractions, and a baby head so low it's crushing my pelvic bones. It's not a fun experience for me either, but they HAVE to have a bath. If he showered them without him, that's one thing. But our DD is too young to be seeing his penis. My DS, that's fine- they've been bathing together since she was able to sit up at 7 months so little kid stuff is fine. Adult stuff... NOT okay. 

No wonder I'm so fricking grumpy with him all the time. He's an A-HOLE!!!

CafeMom Tickers
imageimage

Re: No wonder I'm fecking grumpy- DH is a lazy bum!

• I would be pissed to. Although my DH has been getting to me the last week or so too so I may just hate men right now.
    image.
  • Oh boy, my house would be an all-out war right now!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Could you put the two kids in the shower together and just sit on the toilet while they are in there?  Then you wouldn't have to bend over, and you would be right there to watch and shampoo/soap them up?

I agree that your DH is not helping you out with that one....is his back better now?  Maybe he's afraid of bending over to them in the tub in case a relapse occurs?

• Will your husband wear swim trunks in the shower? No adult parts hanging out (at toddler eye level!) and you don't have to deal with bath time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • His back is much better now. He's not 100% or anything, but he can sit on the toilet and wash his fricking kids!!!

He won't wear swim trunks in the shower because that's a waste, and I'm trying to control how he does things. :/  

Really, it's all down to him being lazy. He doesn't even have REAL work days right now, he's always home by lunch time. He can't say work is grueling or anything if he's getting off that early! And when he comes home, he vegges in front of the tv, puts the kids down for a nap, spends 2-3 hours on the computer, and then asks what's for dinner or tries to get us doing something productive with our day, like grocery shopping, baby preparations, cleaning, etc. 

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"