Trying to Get Pregnant

Anyone up for an UO Thursday?

2»

Re: Anyone up for an UO Thursday?

• I think wedding dresses are grossly over priced and don't understand why so many women spend thousands of dollars on them (I've been watching Say Yes to the Dress).
    TTC since December 2011 
    Me: 30    Husband: 34

9 rounds of clomid with 5 IUIs.
    2 rounds of ovidrel with no IUIs. 

Feb 2016 -Started IVF cycle but cancelled. 
    March 2016 - Changed doctor
    March 2016 - Diagnosed with male factor, motility issues
    May 31, 2016 - Started IVF cycle
    June 15, 2016 - Egg retrieval, 27 eggs 

• imagejunebuggy2004:
    I think wedding dresses are grossly over priced and don't understand why so many women spend thousands of dollars on them (I've been watching Say Yes to the Dress).

Everything related to weddings is grossly overpriced.  The whole industry feeds on the "this is your day sweetie" mentality to try and get people to open their wallets more.  Some services like DJs, cake bakers etc. have 2 pricing structures, 1 for parties and 1 for weddings with a big mark-up even though the level of service is the same.  It is disgusting!

• Loading the player...
  • imagejunebuggy2004:
    I think wedding dresses are grossly over priced and don't understand why so many women spend thousands of dollars on them (I've been watching Say Yes to the Dress).
    Why not? I wanted to make sure I looked my best and I had a specific look I wanted so it was worth spending anything on it. When we were walking to get pictures done tourists were taking pictures of me and little girls were telling their moms they wanted to go grow up to be a pretty princess me. I felt so relaxed and happy knowing my dress looked and fit great, no pulling it up, adjusting, etc. It was worth evey penny to my parents.
  • imageFredAndCat:

imagejunebuggy2004:

Everything related to weddings is grossly overpriced.  The whole industry feeds on the "this is your day sweetie" mentality to try and get people to open their wallets more.  Some services like DJs, cake bakers etc. have 2 pricing structures, 1 for parties and 1 for weddings with a big mark-up even though the level of service is the same.  It is disgusting!

So true. I don't understand why people spend tens of thousands of dollars for a day. 

TTC since December 2011 

• imagecantalopes24:
    imagejunebuggy2004:
    Why not? I wanted to make sure I looked my best and I had a specific look I wanted so it was worth spending anything on it. When we were walking to get pictures done tourists were taking pictures of me and little girls were telling their moms they wanted to go grow up to be a pretty princess me. I felt so relaxed and happy knowing my dress looked and fit great, no pulling it up, adjusting, etc. It was worth evey penny to my parents.

I think it's just because I'm really frugal. I don't like spending money on anything. It's just my UO. 

TTC since December 2011 

• I agree with so much of these.  I despise Jersey Shore (and most reality tv), and think it's indicative of so much that is wrong with this country.

While I enjoyed the Twilight books for what they are, I hated the first movie and thought Robert Pattinson was a horrible choice for Edward.  Gross.

My unpopular opinion is that I think it is wrong how much time people spend at work not working.  The occasional time-waster/break, fine.  But I know waaay too many people who spend more time web surfing or taking care of personal business than they do actually working, and it pisses me off.  Maybe part of this is rooted in jealousy, since I barely get time to eat lunch at my job :P  But seriously - with the amount of money that is being wasted on unproductive man-hours, and the amount of people who are unemployed who actually want to do the work...it just seems wrong to me.  If I ever owned or managed a company, I would be the b!tch everybody hated for monitoring internet use and blocking facebook (and yes, thebump!)

• imagejunebuggy2004:

imagecantalopes24:
    imagejunebuggy2004:

I think it's just because I'm really frugal. I don't like spending money on anything. It's just my UO. 

There's nothing wrong with that either. It doesn't make sense to spend a ton on a dress if the cost isnt worth it to you.
  • imagewatkinae:

I don't get the whole obsession over the Twilight saga and I'm not attracted to Robert Pattinson who I guess plays Edward Cullen AT ALL!  To be honest, I find him unattractive.....

I'll agree with this one. Scrawny and pale with squinty eyes = not my taste

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • image_Brianna_H:

My unpopular opinion is....

I love Howard Stern's show and think that those who bash it  haven't heard it in the past 5 years. It is a very different show from 10 years ago. Also, it isn't all strippers and prostitutes - I swear.

True this!  SO and I always listen to Howard's show when we're going on long drives.  There are times when I turn the station because it's gotten beyond gross, but rarely does that happen.  Usually we're busting our guts laughing! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejunebuggy2004:

imagecantalopes24:
    imagejunebuggy2004:

I agree. My wedding dress cost $160 and I am glad I didn't have to spend more. I loved it and it fit perfectly, it was exactly what I wanted! But I don't judge people that want to spend more, to each their own.

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• imagecantalopes24:
    imagejunebuggy2004:

You also don't have to spend thousands. My dress was $350 and I felt and - if I do say so myself - looked amazing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • imagestaccydev:

imageSParkman80:
    My UO is probably flame worthy but it's okay, I have my big girl panties on. I've never been pregnant before so maybe that's why, but I just don't get why you'd post your sonogram picture on facebook.... I just don't get it Confused  I mean, I know it's exciting,but for facebook? Where you have 1500 friends and barely talk to half of them? Don't get it....

I am 100% with you on this.  Some of my best friends do it, and I just don't understand it.

Yes yes yes!  Along with the sonogram pictures some of my friends just share way too much about their pregnancy.  No one wants to know how for dialated you are 2 weeks before the due date. 

• imagebensladyfriend:
    imagestaccydev:

imageSParkman80:
    My UO is probably flame worthy but it's okay, I have my big girl panties on. I've never been pregnant before so maybe that's why, but I just don't get why you'd post your sonogram picture on facebook.... I just don't get it Confused  I mean, I know it's exciting,but for facebook? Where you have 1500 friends and barely talk to half of them? Don't get it....

I am 100% with you on this.  Some of my best friends do it, and I just don't understand it.

Yes yes yes!  Along with the sonogram pictures some of my friends just share way too much about their pregnancy.  No one wants to know how for dialated you are 2 weeks before the due date. 

I don't mind the sonogram pics, or occasional updates, and I will probably put my sono pics up whenever I can manage to get KUed.  But dilation details...now that's a little much!

• Going with the facebook theme...

I get super annoyed when every status and photo uploaded by a friend is about or of their children.  I get it - your kids are cute and they say and do adorable things.  I understand that you love them with all of your being.  I just don't care to know every single time that they pooped in the toilet, gave you a big bear hug, or said "Cheese!" for the camera. 

• imageFredAndCat:

imagejunebuggy2004:

My gown was up there in price but to me it was the most important thing. What I don't get is the cakes being so expensive! I am a pastry chef I know how much it cost to make a cake. And $500 for a cake is a rip off IMO!

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:

imagecantalopes24:
    imagejunebuggy2004:

You also don't have to spend thousands. My dress was $350 and I felt and - if I do say so myself - looked amazing.

But I couldn't find the dress I wanted in that price range, and because my boobies are 2 dress sizes bigger than the rest of me I paid a lot for good alterations and also to get the dress the way I wanted it. There is nothing wrong with inexpensive dresses, but if you can afford to spend more without compromising your budget or financing it, why not? When I looked at dresses I tried on dresses $500 to $5000 and went with what I liked. I think it's another one of those regional cost difference things, I honestly don't know anywhere here aside from Davids clearance you can get a dress for $350.
  • imagejunebuggy2004:

agreed

"Even miracles take a little time"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"