March 2011 Moms
Options

Does anyone sleep on their back?

As hard as I try I can't seem to stay asleep on my side. Every time I wake ( I take ptl meds. ever 4 hrs ) I'm on my back. I go back to sleep on my side and again wake up on my back. Is this ok?
Nicholas Aiden Feb.25th,2011 at 12:58pm 5lbs 4oz 18" Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers 32 week 4D Ultra Sound & Born 2/25/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does anyone sleep on their back?

• Options

I absolutely have to flop onto my back a few times a night. The hip pain is becoming much worse, and sleeping on my side is just unbearable at times.

I'm not worried about it. Like the maternity nurses in my birthing class said, we're all here because of our ancestors, and you can bet that our ancestors back in the day didn't know that the left side was optimal for circulation. Even my mom said she never heard that back-sleeping was bad.

My OB also told me I should sleep however I can sleep, and that my body would tell me what was right or wrong. If it feels okay, don't worry about doing it!

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That is about the only position I can actually sleep in!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do --I just prop up so I am nearly reclined. Seriousy, I put about four or five pillows behind me and one under my knees. It is usually the only way I can sleep.
  • Options
    I have to because there's too much pelvic pain if I'm on my side. Our bed actually has the "craftmatic" feature so I raise the head and feet on it. I asked my midwife today if this was ok and she said it was perfectly fine. Phew! Good thing because I wake up with little/no pain vs. sleeping on a flat bed on my side.
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options
    I do! It's one of the few positions I can sleep and and be comfortable. I figure if my body has a problem with this position, it will let me know!
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear that this is not such a big deal. Everything I've read about it says it's a NO NO.
    Nicholas Aiden Feb.25th,2011 at 12:58pm 5lbs 4oz 18" Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers 32 week 4D Ultra Sound & Born 2/25/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I always wake up on my back! I took a class and they said that you would feel the effects of the compressed veins way before your baby does....so if you start to feel dizzy and weird it's your body's natural warning system.

I can't wait to sleep on my stomach again... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"