Austin Babies

How does Amazon Mom work?

Is it really free? Do they give you free 2 day shipping on baby items - is that basically what it is?

Thanks!!

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>

Re: How does Amazon Mom work?

• You get free Prime (2 day shipping) for two months (on anything Amazon sells - not the other sellers) and this is extended for a month for each 25$ purchase (pre-discount) in the baby store. In addition, you get discounts on products - specifically diapers and get additional discounts if you do a diaper subscription. AND if you find any amazon coupons in Parenting magazines, you can stack those for additional $ off. The thing about getting the coupon discount with the subscription is that you can only apply the coupon at the time of sign-up, that said, I've had no problem canceling my diaper subscription and re-signing up every time I've found a coupon. For the last three months, I've gotten a case of Huggies diapers (152 count) for 12.99ish SHIPPED. That's pretty freakin' awesome if you ask me... Even without the coupon, the diapers are something like $16 for the case if you have the subscription. That price just can't be beat. Plus, you don't have to go to the store. You can cancel at any time, and also add in shipments as needed. I'm still trying to find the loophole or drawback as it seems too good to be true. I think Amazon should make me a spokeswoman :)
  • Wow. That really sounds awesome! They charge like $70 don't they for a prime membership? And all you have to do is buy $25 worth of baby stuff to extend? I should have signed up a long time ago.
    Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Loading the player...
  • YUP. The nice thing, too, is that they don't auto-extend/auto-charge the prime either as they do with other promotions. So it can't really hurt to sign up. I joined in October and just buy buying diapers each month get the Prime extended (even though I pay $12, they give you the prime based on the pre-discount price which is around $30). This made Christmas shopping/shipping a lot easier and cheaper! I heart Amazon.
  • Ditto mrs.wildman. I bought a Britax carseat a few months ago so I'm good on free shipping from Amazon for several months. It's so nice to get free shipping on things other than baby items, too. I think you can also refer friends to get an extra month or something like that. Let me know if you want a referral link. Big Smile
  • images-a-r-a-h:
    Ditto mrs.wildman. I bought a Britax carseat a few months ago so I'm good on free shipping from Amazon for several months. It's so nice to get free shipping on things other than baby items, too. I think you can also refer friends to get an extra month or something like that. Let me know if you want a referral link. Big Smile

oh bummer- we already signed up!

I ordered so much Amazon at Christmas too- I should have become a member back then. Oh well!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"