Breastfeeding

BF bras and shirts that are comfy but won't break the bank?

Hey ladies, just wondering if you can suggest brands or stores that carry comfy bras and shirts for BF mom's. I also don't want to spend a lot since this is probably my last baby. I have looked at Target but all there stuff seems to suck comfort wise. I appreciate any help you can give.

Re: BF bras and shirts that are comfy but won't break the bank?

• I use camis from walmart under a simple t-shirt.  Lift up the tee and pull down the cami and it becomes and instant nursing top.  It's about $12 for both and I have several of each in different colors.  Dedicated nursing tops are way too expensive.

I went to motherhood maternity for one good nursing bra ($25) and use regular sports bras if I'm not going anywhere worth looking good.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• I like the sleep nursing bra I got from Motherhood Maternity, and it was like $23 CAD.  I just bought a Medela sleep nursing bra and wore it for the first time today, and it is also very comfortable; I paid around $25 for that.

I also have one of the kind that "unlatch" from Motherhood, but I really dislike it, probably because it's also padded and has an underwire, so I feel like the cup still gets in the way when DD is nursing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a couple of nursing bras from Target and a couple from Motherhood Maternity.  I think the Target ones were less than $20 each and the MM ones I got during a BOGO sale (so 2 bras for $35ish).  I never wore nursing shirts, so I just layered a cami and a regular shirt over a nursing bra everyday.  If I knew I was going to have to nurse in public, I'd wear a nursing tank instead of a nursing bra so my stomach wouldn't be exposed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"