Single Parents
Options

25 Days Till Due Date - 4 Days Single - I'm Freaking Out

My babys daddy was a mean abusive man and I just left him 4 days ago.  I'm living with my parents now (i'm 23) and I only have 25 days until my son is due! I dont know how to cope with the pain and the new baby at the same time! I'm afraid I'm doing the wrong thing. I just need some advice!
Grayson Kirby Born Feb 15th

Re: 25 Days Till Due Date - 4 Days Single - I'm Freaking Out

• Options

I am your age too, and I am 26 weeks pregnant. My daughter's father isn't around and wont be bc he's not a good person. I am moving back in with my parents for a little while too, mostly because I want my mom's help and support. I think it is much much better to take yourself out of a bad situation, even if the situation isn't ideal. Nobody should ever have to stay with someone that is abusive emotionally or physically just because you will have a child together.

I know it seems extremely difficult right now but I think time will show you how much better off you are not in that situation anymore.

• Options

Concentrate on the fact that you are doing the BEST possible thing for you and that baby. You'll fall so madly in love with that baby that you might just forget all about him.

And you're about to be so dang exhausted you won't have the energy for heartache.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I dont even know what my sons last  name is going to be!! How can men be so ignorant. It's not good to be with his father... but the fact he is coming so soon and i'm crying my eyes out is ridiculous. How am I suppose to be a strong mother when I can barely get out of bed in the morning? I hate his father for what he has done to our family... I dont know if I can do this!
    Grayson Kirby Born Feb 15th
  • Options

I see you are in Sparkle City. I'm in G'Vegas, lol.

Anyway - give the child YOUR last name. Sure, you might have to do a paternity test to get child support, but most douches say "that baby's not mine" and require you to do them anyway.

You did the RIGHT thing by getting away from an abuser. You are protecting your unborn child. Keep doing this.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Options
    imageDarthNBJenni:

I see you are in Sparkle City. I'm in G'Vegas, lol.

Anyway - give the child YOUR last name. Sure, you might have to do a paternity test to get child support, but most douches say "that baby's not mine" and require you to do them anyway.

You did the RIGHT thing by getting away from an abuser. You are protecting your unborn child. Keep doing this.

Oh my gosh, this!

I think you'll be surprised how the pain of losing a douchebag that never should have had the chance to be in your life in the first place, will cease when you look into the eyes of your LO, and suddenly want to do everything possible to keep your child safe both emotionally and physically. The only thing that you'll be grieving is the lack of a traditional family unit.

You'll be okay.

• Options

It's difficult, and I understand.  I left XH at eight months pregnant.  However, you will realize that everything will become very clear once you have LO.  Your priority is the baby and keeping him/her safe.  You need to stay far, far away from this man.

And you will be so focused on being a new mommy that you won't have time to dwell on the pain.  It will subside.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm pregnant too right now w/XH's baby.  It's tough and it is hard, but just remember it is best for you and LO.  No child deserves to grow up in an abusive situation.  You did the right thing by leaving and going to live with your parents.  You need to keep yourself and your LO safe.  I know it isn't much advice, but just stay strong and stay positive.  You can do this, and you are far better off without him than if you had stayed and put up with his abuse.
  • Options
    Focus on yourself and your LO. It's hard, but it sounds like you have a support system. Lean on them. The fact that you left shows you DO know you are doing the right thing for not only yourself , but your child.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"