June 2011 Moms

f/u Would I be too pushy...? w/ a new registry question

I sent another email to my MIL and she got back to me this time with a list of possible dates from the church she's wanting to use. So thankfully that seems to be resolved.

And then she asked us to register at either Target or Wal-mart because the BRU where they are is (kind of) out of the way for most people that would be coming and there'd be a good amount of people who don't feel comfortable ordering from Amazon. I'm not sure which to pick though. From what I've seen, I think I prefer Target's in store selection to Wal-mart's but are they about the same? Anyone else register at Wal-mart? I don't usually like to shop at Wal-mart but it might be better for people than Target. I also am not sure how I feel about putting 3 registries on the invitation. That just seems like too much to me. Would you leave the BRU or Amazon one off? My hesitancy with leaving off Amazon is possibly not getting the CD supplies I've put on there.

Thanks for your input on the last post and on this new one!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
DD born 5/15/11
DS born 11/12/12

Re: f/u Would I be too pushy...? w/ a new registry question

• 1. Target has a really bad return policy. You aren't able to return anything, even if it's from your registry, w/o a reciept. If you don't have one, you get the lowest sale price or they won't take it back at all. It's horrible. I've never been a Wal-Mart person, so I don't know about that one.

2. What about doing one of those website where you can list everything from a as many stores as you want at one place? That way you don't have to wrry about leaving anything off.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had to learn not to mind what people say. For my wedding my SIL (who is not married btw) complained and bitched at me (sorry for the language) because I registered for "expensive" stuff. I told her if I wanted the cheap stuff I'd buy it myself. I don't know what she knows about what you need when you start a house right out of school but theres no money and a lot of stuff missing. It's now the same with my baby registry to register for what I want or let them give me gift cards because theres no point in having stuff you don't want to use. My family shops at Walmart a lot but I still registered at target. They have a much bigger and better selection in my opinion. (when it comes to baby stuff) But if you plan to register online, which it sounds like your not, walmart sells EVERYTHING. No, I mean it you can actually buy coffins from walmart online. :) Put 3 registries on the list and ask as politely as you can for receipts in case you get doubles or things don't fit.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemharison:

1. Target has a really bad return policy. You aren't able to return anything, even if it's from your registry, w/o a reciept. If you don't have one, you get the lowest sale price or they won't take it back at all. It's horrible. I've never been a Wal-Mart person, so I don't know about that one.

2. What about doing one of those website where you can list everything from a as many stores as you want at one place? That way you don't have to wrry about leaving anything off.

GL!

Sorry to post again but you can return things to target without a receipt if it came from a target. (they have specific barcodes for each company anymore so they can check) If  you don't have a receipt they just give you store credit.

• imagemharison:

1. Target has a really bad return policy. You aren't able to return anything, even if it's from your registry, w/o a reciept. If you don't have one, you get the lowest sale price or they won't take it back at all. It's horrible. I've never been a Wal-Mart person, so I don't know about that one.

GL!

Sorry to post again but you can return things to target without a receipt if it came from a target. (they have specific barcodes for each company anymore so they can check) If  you don't have a receipt they just give you store credit.

• I would say put all of them on the invitation that way the guests can choose for themselves what they want to do. You are just giving people more options not being greedy. Of Walmart and Target I would probably choose Target. Of course there is no guarantee that what you register will be available at the store anyway, so you'll get gift cards. 
  • Playing devil's advocate here, but I think you should definitely register at one of the places she asked you to. These people didn't HAVE to do a shower for you and they don't OWE you gifts. So saying that that they need to figure out ordering online or drive far away to a BRU is pretty ungrateful IMO. (Not saying you are being ungrateful, since you haven't done that! Just saying I disagree with PP who said they shouldn't be able to tell you where to register.)

If you don't really want anything from either place, I'd register from Walmart over Target. Walmart is really easy about returns, and you could always buy laundry detergent or whatever with the store credit.

I had quite a few returns from wedding registry with Target, and although I've heard so many horror stories, I had zero problems, with no receipts, as long as the items were on my registry. I'm thinking maybe the service varies from store to store.

And I think 3 registries is fine. I've seen lots of bridal shower invitations with 3 or 4 because people register at target, BBB, and a department store.

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"