Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

If your LO is in a toddler bed/regular bed ...

When did you put them in? How did you transition? Any tips? Also, if you have moved FROM a toddler bed TO a regular bed, when did you do that?

I ask b/c we have a twin bedroom set that we'd like to transition DD to before the new LO is born so s/he can use the crib set. She will be 23 months when the babe is born. We don't want to push her if she's not ready, but it would be nice to not have to buy a new crib set!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If your LO is in a toddler bed/regular bed ...

• Options

we move DD to a toddler bed around 16 mos.  she was ready to climb out of her crib.  We really could move her any time to a twin or whatever size bed, but i like the small toddler bed in her room... I want her to stay "little"

• Options

We just moved DS (16 mos) to his converted toddler bed -- in fact I wrote a whole blog post about it, if you want to read it the link is in my sig and it's the most recent post.

Short version: he jumped out, nearly killed himself (in my head, at least), and we transitioned him that day.  It was all very anticlimactic.  He went through a day or two of napping on the floor, but other than that it's been completely uneventful.  I will also mention that he LOVES his big boy bed.  Passionately.

I wish I could give better advice, but I was somewhat unprepared for it and just went for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, we transitioned our girl on her bday.  She has hated the crib since we tried to let her CIO and we actually put the matress on the floor for now.  She is going great with it!
  • Options
    imageMrsBreezer80:

When did you put them in? How did you transition? Any tips? Also, if you have moved FROM a toddler bed TO a regular bed, when did you do that?

I ask b/c we have a twin bedroom set that we'd like to transition DD to before the new LO is born so s/he can use the crib set. She will be 23 months when the babe is born. We don't want to push her if she's not ready, but it would be nice to not have to buy a new crib set!

We moved DS last weekend, so a week shy of 22 months. We did it for the same purpose...I am due in March and LO will eventually need the crib, and I wanted DS transitioned a while before she got here, so he wouldn't have to go through any more changes than he already will once she arrives. We honestly had no plan.l..we put him in there and prayed he would stay! lol And it worked :) no problems at all!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"