Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

What's the big deal about Regis?

They are making it seem like this was shocking news.  The man has had an amazing career, spanning numerous decades, he is well regarded in his field, and he is nearly 80 years old... He will be missed, but this isn't exactly Earth shattering. 

Seems like the news and media are blindsided by his announcement.

ETA:  Sorry that I wasn't clear.. he is retiring at the end of the season, but the way it is being reported, it seems way bigger than that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What's the big deal about Regis?

• Options
    so what's the news?  Did he die or retire?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I read this and totally thought he died!  I had to jump over to CNN and search for him to find out he's just leaving the show.  Whatever.....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yep regis had a good run... he can retire now.
  • Options
    I find him and the regis and kelly show to be annoying.  I am more of a today show girl. 
  • Options
    It's a slow news day I guess.
  • Options

I have been a huge Regis fan since I was in elementary school (don't laugh...). When I was 9 or so, I even made my parents take me to meet him. I bought a poster of him with Kathie Lee (I cannot stand her) and he signed it. I LOVE him and was pretty shocked about the announcement.  I guess it's because I always thought he would be one of those guys who would always be in showbiz. I also figured that when he left, the show would end. He hasn't been doing the show 5 days/week, so I figured that was his retirement "plan."

*cry*

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Options
    He should have retired long ago. He's so out of touch that I can't watch him anymore.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options
    i'll miss reg and his silly mispronunciations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"