May 2011 Moms
Options

More back pain with anterior placenta?

Does anyone know if having an anterior placenta cause more back pain during pregnancy? My back is killing me today (from sitting at my desk all day at work). I know that you have more back labor pain with it but it sort of makes sense that since the baby is not cushioned by the placenta from your back it would hurt more? I also have scoliosis so maybe that is why it hurts (or it could be just the weight of my belly and my massive boobs lol)...just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue with an anterior placenta. TIA
Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: More back pain with anterior placenta?

• Options

I don't have any solid answers BUT I am really curious about this too because I have an anterior placenta and my back hurts a lot more than normal ever since I have been pregnant (well, about ten weeks in). Good question!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't know, but now that you mention it, it does make sense.

One of the twins has an anterior placenta and my back is killing me on that side of my body.

Wonder if there is a correlation?

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not really sure one way or the other, but I have a posterior and my back is killing me this time around.  I had an anterior with my DD and did not have bad back labor, but that was just me.   I do think a lot of my back pain this time comes from sitting at a desk all day. I just want to lay down!!  I could use a good massage too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageAlli&Jon05:
    I am not really sure one way or the other, but I have a posterior and my back is killing me this time around.  I had an anterior with my DD and did not have bad back labor, but that was just me.   I do think a lot of my back pain this time comes from sitting at a desk all day. I just want to lay down!!  I could use a good massage too!

I would love to have shorter days at work so I can go home and lie down..I can't imagine being here at 8/9 months Grrr LOL

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I have anterior placenta and my back was so bad i lost over 60% mobility before I started seeing a chiropractor.

I go weekly now that I'm in better shape but every week i have to have adjustments and i'm super stiff.

I've never been pregnant so i can't say if it's due to the anterior placenta or just pregnancy in general. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    yeah - me too!  Last time, my hips hurt like hell.  This time it has been my back.  That would be interesting to find out....I have not heard anything about that though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"